Author Topic: Error Send files to folder organized and unorganized, MB Version 3.5.8447  (Read 946 times)

Rabiator

Hello.

I'm on Windows and I'm using MB V. 3.5.8447.

I want to copy files, selected by a filter from the library, to a folder. The action fails for a lot of files, but all of the not copied files are valid, visible, readable and can be played by MB without any problems.

I had a look at the error log, giving me a 'can't find file'-error-statements for every not copied file:

Examples from the error-log:

Code
26.03.2023 15:35:55 - Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
D:\Musik\rips\flac\Harry Payuta\Sitar ...Movements\Harry Payuta__...Sitar ...Movements...__01__01__00__Dance 'n' France (complete)__2002__World.flac
26.03.2023 15:35:55 - Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
D:\Musik\rips\flac\Harry Payuta\Sitar ...Movements\Harry Payuta__...Sitar ...Movements...__01__01__00__Inner Visions (complete)__2002__World.flac
26.03.2023 15:35:55 - Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
D:\Musik\rips\flac\Kraftwerk\3-D The Catalogue Discs\Kraftwerk__3-D The Catalogue Discs__08__01__00__3-D The Catalogue Disc 1__2017__Electronic.flac
D:\Musik\rips\flac\Kraftwerk\3-D The Catalogue Discs\Kraftwerk__3-D The Catalogue Discs__08__02__00__3-D The Catalogue Disc 2__2017__Electronic.flac
D:\Musik\rips\flac\Kraftwerk\3-D The Catalogue Discs\Kraftwerk__3-D The Catalogue Discs__08__03__00__3-D The Catalogue Disc 3__2017__Electronic.flac
D:\Musik\rips\flac\Kraftwerk\3-D The Catalogue Discs\Kraftwerk__3-D The Catalogue Discs__08__04__00__3-D The Catalogue Disc 4__2017__Electronic.flac

My first idea was 'there are strange characters in the filename', WINDOWS does not support or the filename might be too long. But that is not the case.

I opened the program MP3Tag, that can copy files to folders, too, selected the same files - and all files were copied without any error.

This issue is reproducable with many files in my library.

Other devices (phone, car-player) that play these files have no problem at all. Even an old Ipod Classic accepts the files.

If you need some sample files to check the error, please send me an email. I will upload them to my cloud and will send you the download-link.

Have a nice day

Peace

The Incredible Boom Boom

There are a couple instances where MusicBee has trouble handling files with path names that exceed the Windows "limit."
The one I encounter most often is when I make a folder name change and have to "locate" the file manually. If the path name is too long, I get the message that MusicBee cannot find the file. However, the auto-locate tool is normally able to match these files to their proper associations in the program.

mp3tag has never given me errors related to path name length.