Author Topic: Scrollbar for Excessive Highlighting Rules  (Read 652 times)

Messiaen

Personally, this is more of a bug than a request (everyone with a problem always thinks that), but while highlighting rules for icons and such were introduced 10 years ago, apparently not too many people have noticed that as you add more and more rules, the modal window gets longer and longer until it's no longer usable.

I got to 23 rules and lost the bottom Save/Cancel buttons, but when I hit 27 rules the controls were simply inaccessible.

So, suggestion: Scrollbar, please!

In case you're wondering why I have so many rules, I was looking through old topics on customising and came upon people who had used the highlighting icons to add country-of-origin flags to the display, and it works quite well.  Unfortunately you need 1 rule per icon per flag per country, and I've got about 50 more to go.

As a workaround I started manually editing the settings.ini file, and it appears that inserting more and more <Rule></Rule> sets copied and modified from previous rules does the job, but it's a bit impractical.  At least I can identify the Latvian flag in my sleep now, so there's hope yet.

Code
 <Rule>
  <Name>Latvia</Name>
  <Query>
   <CombineMethod>0</CombineMethod>
   <Criteria>
    <Field>46</Field>
    <Comparison>0</Comparison>
    <Value1>Latvia</Value1>
   </Criteria>
  </Query>
  <Icon>_Latvia.png</Icon>