Author Topic: How to rescan to which playlists a given song belongs?  (Read 313 times)

vankyan

I have a dynamic playlist of 3+ star songs. Then I manually include songs in indifferent playlists. I like to preview my main 3+ playlist to see if there are songs that don't belong to any playlist, so I have included "Playlist" as a column in the playlists view. After an update to Music bee though that column became empty. Perhaps some database was lost. Now when I add a song to a playlist where it already belongs, the pop-up "This song exists in the playlist, are you sure you want to add it again" comes up, but if I click on No, it still doesn't populate the column to which playlist it belongs. I also did a rescan of all songs in each playlist, but still no updating.

How can I rescan to which playlists songs belong so that column "Playlist" updates?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Welcome to the forum, vankyan,

It's been a few months, but I believe there were some changes made to how songs were added to a playlist.
Not sure if it's just in the wording, but I recall the <right click on track> feature wasn't called "Include In Playlist" at some point.
Baseless assumption, but maybe during those changes, there was a side-effect like the one you are experiencing now.

Anyway, what MusicBee version are you using?
I'm on a fairly old v3.5.8338P and when I try to include/tick a song to a static playlist where it already exists, I am only able to remove it from said playlist.
There is no pop-up saying "This song exists in the playlist, are you sure you want to add it again"
The source code to any of my contributions is available on the same download link as the add-ons

frankz

Auto playlists never appeared in the Playlists column, at least not in the time I've been using MB.

vankyan

I am on 3.5.8436 P. I know autoplaylists do not appear, but as I said - after the update it "forgot" to which manual playlists given songs belong. New ones are shown fine after being added to a given playlist. That's why I want to rescan them all
Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 10:48:51 PM by vankyan

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure i understand what you are asking for but try deleting the file:
MusicBeeLibrary.pfidx
in the root music folder
and then restart MB

frankz

I am on 3.5.8436 P. I know autoplaylists do not appear, but as I said - after the update it "forgot" to which manual playlists given songs belong. New ones are shown fine after being added to a given playlist. That's why I want to rescan them all
Oops I misread your original message.  Disregard.