Author Topic: Help with Template ?  (Read 483 times)

crnirg

If you can help:

I have a song :

Eric Clapton Backless - 04. Roll It

where is "Eric Clapton" Artist and "Beckless" is Album, the rest is self-explanatory, how can I make a template so that the first two words indicate Artist and the third the album?
You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

phred

• Global Moderator
Seriously? You can't figure out
<Artist> <Album>
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

crnirg

I get
Eric - Artist
and
Album - Clapton Backless ...
You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

phred

• Global Moderator
Then your tags are not correct.
A screenshot of the tag editor with this album might be helpful here.

And where are you seeing the result you say you're getting?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

crnirg

I have a file
Eric Clapton Backless - 04. Roll It.mp3

and I want to do the tags as I said

Normally it's not 1 song but more so it's not really for manual editing.
The problem is how to put the first two words in Artist and the third in Album.
I guess I explained better what's bothering me :)

phred

• Global Moderator
Ok, I -think- I now know what you're trying to do.

You have a file that has the filename Eric Clapton Backless - 04. Roll It.mp3 and you want to bring the file into MB, is that correct? But it appears in MB as
Eric - Artist
and
Album - Clapton Backless

How are you getting it into MB and I'll ask again, where are you seeing it incorrectly? A screenshot might help.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

crnirg

Maybe my speed is causing confusion - I permuted the result:
This is the result:
Artist = Eric
Album = Clapton Backless
Track# = 04
Title = Roll It

I would like it to be:
Artist = Eric Clapton
Album = Backless
Track# = 04
Title = Roll It

When you mentioned the file that is on my old CD

I want to switch to HD and then arrange the tags in the described way.
The problem is that I don't know how to combine 2 strings into one (Eric+Clapton) because I don't have a character to separate ( - , . or similar).
If you're not kidding me, I think I've explained my pain well :)

phred

• Global Moderator
Since you've repeatedly ignored my request for a screenshot, and ignored my various questions, I won't be able to help any further.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

MotleyG

Maybe my speed is causing confusion - I permuted the result:
This is the result:
Artist = Eric
Album = Clapton Backless
Track# = 04
Title = Roll It

I would like it to be:
Artist = Eric Clapton
Album = Backless
Track# = 04
Title = Roll It

When you mentioned the file that is on my old CD

I want to switch to HD and then arrange the tags in the described way.
The problem is that I don't know how to combine 2 strings into one (Eric+Clapton) because I don't have a character to separate ( - , . or similar).
If you're not kidding me, I think I've explained my pain well :)
Without a defined separator, this is pretty complicated to automate. There are so many possible patterns that could exist with a large batch of files. What if the Artist has just one name, like Cher? Or three or more names like Creedence Clearwater Revival? It gets further complicated by punctuation like Earth, Wind & Fire. So while it may seem like a quick fix, you could end up causing a whole lot of worse issues to fix instead.

How many songs are you trying to fix like this? It may be more efficient to simply do one album at a time.

crnirg

I don't know how :
https://gifyu.com/image/SIv2f
or :
or : https://s2.gifyu.com/images/imaged83cec448a98ad33.png

where is:

Album = Dedić Na obali
Artist = Arsen

it should :

Album = Na obali
Artist = Arsen Dedić

The Incredible Boom Boom

It's probably easier to use MusicBrainz Picard to fix your tag information. If you would rather do it manually, the next easiest option is mp3tag, which - if your filenames have the same format - you can possibly use to guess a file's tags based on its filename.

crnirg

Thanks for the answers - there are a lot of them - about 650 - when ripping from the original CDs, an error crept in that I wanted to fix now - in any case, thanks for the answers.

Zak

• Global Moderator
You won't be able to parse the tags correctly until you fix your file names.

I'd suggest downloading one of the many free batch file renaming programs and replacing "Eric Clapton" with "Eric Clapton - " or whatever the artist name is.
Then you can use the hyphen in your tag template.
Bee excellent to each other...

crnirg

The files are not uniform - I thought it was possible to do something like word1 + word2 = word3 and then separate them and insert them into tags.
Thank you for the answers.

crnirg

My solution for 2 words Artist :

Virtual Tag1 -->> $Split(<filename>," ",1) $Split(<filename>," ",2)
and Swap
<Virtual Tag1> to <Artist>