Author Topic: MusicBee not showing USB stick plugged into D:/ drive  (Read 506 times)

vishunleashed

On my computer, I have an external USB stick in the D:/ drive with songs on it as shown here.

However, when I go to the library option and try to add the hard drive in the D:/ drive, it doesn't show up as seen here.

How can I get MusiceBee to recognize the USB stick? Is it a problem with the USB or do I have to do something else?

frankz

Have you restarted MusicBee since inserting the drive? I believe the drive needs to be visible in Windows when MB is started in order for MB to know it's there.

vishunleashed

phred

• Global Moderator
You should also free up some space on your C: drive. If you don't you're going to have some major problems real soon.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

vishunleashed

I tried restarted MusicBee and my computer with the USB plugged in but it still doesn't show up. Is there some other way to make it show up?

sveakul

Try assigning the stick a drive letter in Windows other than D:, which some configurations consider reserved for optical drives.

Then, with the USB stick inserted in your computer and showing up there, exit MusicBee if open and then restart MusicBee.  Now go to Preferences/Devices; does the stick show up in "known devices?"

vishunleashed

After I changed the drive letter to M, I do see the USB under devices but I'm not sure what the next step would be. It's still not showing up under library