Author Topic: SyncThing quirk  (Read 1840 times)

SeventhBus

Hello all!

I use the Inbox for getting files ready to move to the Library.
Then the Library gets synced with my device (Sony NW-A105).
However, I also move for instance Christmas music from the Library to the Inbox when I do not want them synced on my device anymore.
Not only do I save space, I also don't have to scroll past 20 Christmas albums the whole year.

Now comes the snag:
I decided to set up wireless syncing of my MusicBee library using SyncThing.
Inbox files are at their location outside the MusicBee Library folder.
But files that have been auto-organized into the Library and then moved BACK to the Inbox are still in the folder "MusicBee Library".

Is there a way to make them move to an Inbox folder of somesorts? I have not been able to find a solution in the setting.

The options that do not apply here:
- Syncing only Library or excluding Christmas songs through excluding them as a playlist: SyncThing can only sync whole folder or files without distinction.
- Using MusicBee Wifi Sync: I want to use a single program for all my syncing needs.

phred

• Global Moderator
Make use of Filters.
Set a filter for all Christmas songs and another filter for all songs EXCEPT Christmas songs (name it "No Christmas" or something like that.) Then when setting up MB's sync use the "all songs except Christmas" filter.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tjinc

As you are using the auto-organise feature, why not set an exception to save the files that you do not want to sync into a different folder.

Use a custom tag - let's call it 'Sync' - and set this tag value to 'No' for songs that you do not want to sync.
Then add an exception in your Library Organisation rules: except when Sync is 'No' and set a different path.
This will then automatically save the files you do not want to sync into a different folder which should allow you to use SyncThing without the bother of moving files around before syncing.

Please be careful using the Library Organisation as some people seem to get in a mess with it. Make a back-up first.

boroda

or just use this plugin to sync only some (auto)playlists. plugin can use any syncing soft.