Author Topic: Как вернуть потерянные теги и счетчик воспроизведений?  (Read 359 times)

Foliant

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
Hi!
Recently, I often encounter problems related to my music library in MusicBee. This is not the first time I notice that after the next search for new files, my entire library is reset and moved to "new files". Today it happened again. But everything is in order.

I'm using portable version 3.4.8033 P. The entire music collection is on a removable hard drive. I have to turn it off often. I update new files manually, through Insert. When the scan started, I found on the bottom line that there were a very large number of new files on the New Files tab. I realized that for some reason MB began to perceive all files from the library as new.
I stopped scanning. Rebooted MB and ran a full scan. And again on MB I thought that all these files are on
  disk are new. The play counters are reset, the auto-playlists are empty, and even the tags that I so diligently wrote down (I wrote down on the tab "tags 2" - "country" - disappeared. In fact, I lost my entire history. I almost had a heart attack.
It's good that I made a backup of the library - I thought. Substituted the old MusicBeeLibrary.mbl file and ...something has changed, but not everything.
Here's what's returned:
- now all my music was in the "music" section, only a couple of hundred files were identified as "new"
- atopplaylists pulled up the necessary compositions
That's all. But unfortunately I didn't fix it.
- the play counter has been reset, and for so many years, I have had so much music, it is dear to me to know what music I listened to most often
- the "country" tags that I entered so diligently did not appear recently, they simply do not exist in any file. Now auto-playlists by country do not work for me
- I also have empty values in the "listened" column. Now I don't know what I listened to and what not...

Please help me get my story back. Are the play count and tags lost forever?

Foliant

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
I connected an even older version of the MusicBeeLibrary.mbl backup file and there is a playback history and tags that I prescribed.
But the playlist explorer is empty. I have a lot of customized playlists there. I could only import external playlists. The player does not see autoplaylists when importing. They are in the same folder as before: Library/Playlist/Auto-playlists.
How do I import them so that MB will display them in the playlist explorer?

And please advise: what should I do to protect myself from losing the play counter, playlists from the explorer (why do they disappear? This is not the first time, and I'm not moving anything) and losing tags? (maybe something needs to be changed in the settings? can I somehow write them to a file (play counter and tags 2) so as not to worry about losing them?


phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9457
First off, update MB to the latest 3.5 version.

Does your portable drive show the same drive letter in Windows each time you turn it off and on? I suspect it does not. By using the Windows disk management tool you can assign a drive letter, which -should- keep the drive letter persistent.

It sounds like MB is seeing a different drive letter every time you attach the portable drive.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Foliant

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
At first I also thought that the problem might be changing the drive letter. But I checked every time - in the explorer it always remains unchanged.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9457
You should still update to the latest version as there have been various issued resolved since your current version. You can get the latest patch from my signature below. Just follow the instruction in the sig to apply the patch.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here