Author Topic: Incomplete Playlist Sync to NAS  (Read 154 times)

CatDaddy

Hi

I sync my PC-based music/playlists to a WD NAS and have done so for many years. Recently, I noticed that the sync was claiming success but it hadn't processed all of my playlists. They are ordered simply A to Z and consist of 19,900 files or thereabouts. For some reason, the sync is 'completing' in the middle of the playlists beginning with 'S'.

I sync the music to the same drive and the files beyond 'S' appear to get copied fine - so why isn't the playlist sync doing the full A-to-Z? There is plenty of space on the NAS so I'm a bit baffled why it's suddenly started misbehaving after all these years.

Any suggestions?

Steven

• Administrator
there might be some information in the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

CatDaddy

there might be some information in the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

Thanks - I seem to have resolved the issue by removing the playlist it stopped on and the one immediately after it. After doing that and syncing, the full A-to-Z list was synced.

Weird!

phred

• Global Moderator
Weird!
Not necessarily. Understand that a playlist is nothing more than a text file that points to each music file in the list. The playlist that you removed could have been corrupted. Or could have been pointing to file(s) that did not exist in the location being pointed to.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here