Author Topic: File Saving Error?  (Read 498 times)

CStallion

I just recently upgraded from MusicBee version 3.1 to the most current 3.5.8447 and I'm using it on a Windows 10 PC.

If I edit a song's file name within the MusicBee app by right clicking on the song, selecting "Edit", perform my edit. then select "Save", I get the following error:

"Error:  The following no longer exists at their expected location:  (lists file path)"

However, the song name does change and is actually located in the target file path, so it seems to be some kind of bug.  Pressing "Save" will not allow me to leave the Edit box, but I can press "Close" to exit.

Not an app-breaking bug, but minorly annoying and wasn't present in previous versions of MusicBee.

EDIT:  Also, I should note how I'm editing the names of my songs.  I'm using a naming template, so when I change the name of a song I right click on the song > select Edit > press "Rename" at the top > select my naming template > press "Reorganise" > then try to press "Save" to exit the Edit window but get the error.

EDIT 2:  I just performed a fresh reinstall of MusicBee 3.5.8447 for Windows and still get the same issue.  Again, the error only shows up when I edit a song name using a template.  Reverting back to version 3.2 gets rid of the error completely.
Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 04:58:23 AM by CStallion

Steven

• Administrator
I am not able to reproduce any error. Is there anything in the error log around the time you click the Save button (help/ support/ view error log)

CStallion

I am not able to reproduce any error. Is there anything in the error log around the time you click the Save button (help/ support/ view error log)

Nothing seems to get produced at the time I press "Save", but I do see the following error generated today:

3/11/2023 12:38:01 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.

I just renamed another song now, got the error after pressing "Save", but do not see any new entries in the log.  Closing the app then reopening, however, does produce the error log noted above.

Also, I should note how I'm editing the names of my songs.  I'm using a naming template, so when I change the name of a song I right click on the song > select Edit > press "Rename" at the top > select my naming template > press "Reorganise" > then try to press "Save" to exit the Edit window but get the error.
Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 11:15:13 PM by CStallion

phred

• Global Moderator
3/11/2023 12:38:01 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.
There should be more information following this line and it's that information that will help Steven see what's going on. Please paste all the lines from this one to the next date/time stamp.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

CStallion

There should be more information following this line and it's that information that will help Steven see what's going on. Please paste all the lines from this one to the next date/time stamp.

There is no other information following this line.  However I can copy/paste the lines that preceded it (which I presume are all the times I opened the app):

3/4/2023 9:13:22 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.
3/5/2023 12:53:45 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.
3/5/2023 9:30:33 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.
3/5/2023 9:32:40 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.
3/5/2023 9:54:53 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.
3/10/2023 4:44:27 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.
3/11/2023 5:43:28 PM - Unable to load element: -1381325189 - Parameter is not valid.

phred

• Global Moderator
Interesting. I would've expected more in the Error Log.

How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

CStallion

Interesting. I would've expected more in the Error Log.

How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

I installed using a Windows installer located here:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

I did not perform a fresh install though.  I just ran the installer and let it overwrite my previous version.  I'm not sure if that matters, but just offering information in case it helps.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
In the Tag Editor, just before you've pressed the save button after exiting the File Organiser:
Has the location in the Properties tab been changed to the new file name/path?
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

phred

• Global Moderator
I did not perform a fresh install though.  I just ran the installer and let it overwrite my previous version.  I'm not sure if that matters, but just offering information in case it helps.
Thanks. Usually there's no need to do a fresh install.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

CStallion

In the Tag Editor, just before you've pressed the save button after exiting the File Organiser:
Has the location in the Properties tab been changed to the new file name/path?

I save my renamed songs within the same file path where they are originally found (effectively replacing the original music file), and no, that does not change at all.
Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 03:59:39 PM by CStallion

CStallion

I just performed a fresh reinstall of MusicBee 3.5.8447 for Windows and still get the same issue.  Again, the error only shows up when I edit a song name using a template.  Reverting back to version 3.2 gets rid of the error completely.