Author Topic: "Mark no lyrics" - transferring from 3.4 to 3.5, how do I carry this data over?  (Read 560 times)

belomeclone

I am copying my data from 3.4 to 3.5. I understand "Mark as having no lyrics" is a MusicBee-specific feature and not metadata. But where is that data stored? I don't want to lose it as I move from 3.4 to 3.5. And if it's an issue, is there a way to see all the songs I tagged so I can change their lyrics manually? Or is there a way to make "Mark as having no lyrics" add a prompt into the lyrics metadata field? I am not looking to doing all this work finding and flagging these instrumental songs again. Thank you!

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not quite sure I understand the issue. If all you're doing is updating 3.4 to 3.5 just install 3.5 directly over 3.4. There's no need to do anything with your music files or their metadata.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

belomeclone

I'm not quite sure I understand the issue. If all you're doing is updating 3.4 to 3.5 just install 3.5 directly over 3.4. There's no need to do anything with your music files or their metadata.

That's what I did, but the data for marking what has no lyrics and what doesn't did not carry over, so I am trying to find out where that data is stored so I can make sure it has copied over.

phred

• Global Moderator
Perhaps I'm being a little dense today, but I'm still not sure what you're talking about. If a track has no lyrics, and you select it and then right-click it and select "Mark as having no lyrics" the lyrics panel will show "No lyrics." It's stored in MB's database - not as a tag.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

belomeclone

Perhaps I'm being a little dense today, but I'm still not sure what you're talking about. If a track has no lyrics, and you select it and then right-click it and select "Mark as having no lyrics" the lyrics panel will show "No lyrics." It's stored in MB's database - not as a tag.

Yes. What file is it stored in, because when I copied over 3.4 into 3.5 that specific information did not carry over.

Alternatively, if we don't know what file it was stored in, is there a way to identify in 3.4 all the "No lyrics" songs I've flagged, so I can add it to their lyrics field. And if we go that route, is there a way to make checking "No lyrics" automatically add it to the lyrics field.

phred

• Global Moderator
Did you -update- to 3.5 or did you do a new installation of 3.5? Because as I said previously, if you simply updated the data would be there.
Are you using the Store version of MB?

This line in particular implies that you did not -update-  to 3.5 as 3.4 is still available.
Alternatively, if we don't know what file it was stored in, is there a way to identify in 3.4 all the "No lyrics" songs I've flagged, so I can add it to their lyrics field. And if we go that route, is there a way to make checking "No lyrics" automatically add it to the lyrics field.

It would be stored in MB's database (I've said this before also.) You can't access the database except through MB.

If you really do still have 3.4 installed then do a custom search where "Lyrics?" has no value.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

belomeclone

Did you -update- to 3.5 or did you do a new installation of 3.5? Because as I said previously, if you simply updated the data would be there.
Are you using the Store version of MB?

This line in particular implies that you did not -update-  to 3.5 as 3.4 is still available.

It would be stored in MB's database (I've said this before also.) You can't access the database except through MB.

If you really do still have 3.4 installed then do a custom search where "Lyrics?" has no value.

I am a Portable user. I made a new 3.5 folder, and I copied my 3.4 folder into it.

I want to know what the database file is so I can make sure it copied over. I am a Portable user.

I do not know why you do not believe me. The information that conveys what track is flagged as "no lyrics" did not carry over. I want to know where that information is stored so I can make sure it copies over.

phred

• Global Moderator
It's not that I didn't believe you. It's that you weren't supplying complete information which made me question exactly what you were doing.

I believe the file is MusicBeeLibrary.mbl, which is located in the directory that has the name of your library.

You may find this helpful:
Structure of MusicBee's folders

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
This has solved the issue, thank you!
Which "this" solved the issue? It would be helpful for others who find this thread to know what you did.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

belomeclone

This has solved the issue, thank you!
Which "this" solved the issue? It would be helpful for others who find this thread to know what you did.

I re-copied over MusicBeeLibrary.mbl

For the record, MusicBee's Portable structure is all wrong. Everything that is user data should be contained within AppData. Skins, Plugins, Library - these are all folders with user data. They should be located within AppData. Especially strange that Plugins is outside AppData, but many of those plugins' data are themselves inside AppData.