Author Topic: MusicBee 3.5 - issues with with keyboard press jump by Song Title  (Read 339 times)

belomeclone

In MusicBee 3.5, when I try to jump to songs with keyboard presses, it just doesn't work. It usually ends up jumping to the same song. I can get it to almost work by pressing one of the letters at the top, but that eventually breaks. I can press every letter and they just end up greying out. "Enable multi-character searches" is on.

I don't understand what's going on. Doing this sorting by Artist, or Album has no problem. I can't use this if it's not going to work. It works fine in 3.4.

Steven

• Administrator

belomeclone

It would just be a screenshot of my entire MusicBee screen. They all jump to "The Cosmic Gate" by Thievery Corporation. I can type "J", it jumps to that. I click to reset and type in "x", it jumps to an X song, then I press X again and... it jumps to a Y song. Now I type "J" and it keeps jumping to that X song. It doesn't make any sense.

I clicked to reset and typed in "S", and it jumped to "The Cosmic Gate" again. It's just this over and over. If I go to 3.4 and type in letters, it jumps to the letters I type in.

I took a small snip of the letters at the top so you can see them depressed without doing anything. It's possible I messed something up when copying files over, but it just shows the need for a smoother upgrade process.

https://i.imgur.com/HWna8JH.png

Steven

• Administrator
are you using the v3.5 from the downloads page and not an older beta?

belomeclone

are you using the v3.5 from the downloads page and not an older beta?

I am using 3.5 from the downloads page, and the patch.

I re-copied over the Library folder from 3.4 to 3.5 and it seems to have fixed the issue. I know we have no control over things, but if MusicBee could update itself I think it'd be a large boon to the update process. I seemed to have a lot of struggles with the update process. Or maybe like some older portable systems worked, Library can go inside AppData, so when you download a new install you only copy over one folder. Library shouldn't be separate if it also has AppData. Same for Skins and Plugins really.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am already running the patched version.
Steven uploaded that patch today. If you haven't downloaded and installed it today, then you're not running it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

This might be a sorting issue.
In the Sorting/Grouping menu in Preferences, do you have "enable custom sort values" enabled?

belomeclone

I am already running the patched version.
Steven uploaded that patch today. If you haven't downloaded and installed it today, then you're not running it.

Is there a reason they're patches and not a new version number? I find it hard to tell what version I am on if there are patches for versions, and not a continued increase in version numbers. Or if they are an increase in version numbers, why are they called patches?

I downloaded the patch and things are still running fine. I think it was an issue with the Library file.