Author Topic: what even is bass_error_already  (Read 761 times)

HoppingThing

I keep getting this error with "no soundcard detected". I am using ASIO and UA-1G. it worked fine yesterday but today it just does not work at all I have tried everything and it just does not work. using WASAPI shared works. WASAPI exclusive doesn't work.

HoppingThing

A SIMPLE RESTART FIXED IT! I have no idea what that was about but restarting my pc fixed it. well that was easy. I hope that I can still get an explanation on what BASS_ERROR_ALREADY means.

phred

• Global Moderator
You might have a chance of getting an explanation if you told us exactly what you were doing when the error occurred. And also checking the error log and copying/pasting the error entries at the time of the error.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

HoppingThing

what I was doing: opening musicbee or trying to play any file while using either ASIO or WASAPI exclusive

what the error log said whenever I tried to play a file (identical error every time):
#=zcTIOoB2kibgOR5GqcS_wWeI=: No soundcard detected (error=BASS_ERROR_ALREADY)
   at #=zan7JYaL0LyALH5nGVL4fAKw=.#=zv$1FSSnJoq_Y(#=zq2UTwgvaolpm #=z2MnslWg=, #=zRI3R4rQXuPdOxopMoblAvA8= #=zeMMZ5U4=, Boolean #=zx5gAxJu5Py_BGuv9Gw==, Boolean #=zHfk_NTfbkWPh, Boolean #=zfb26Yl1sDiZF, Boolean #=z_bzicyELmTzX, Int32 #=z9pgSOCaMraiH)
   at #=zan7JYaL0LyALH5nGVL4fAKw=.#=zXC5hs8MzqcNY(Object #=zPOmjT$M=)

phred

• Global Moderator
That's not the complete entry. The error log should start with the date and time of the error and copy up to the next date/time.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

HoppingThing

16.3.2023 20.37.05 - 10.0.19045.0 - 3.5.8447.35892D - url: I:\IMPORTANT\MUSIC\FLAC\Beefcake\Drei (2001) (flac)\01 untitled 01.flac
#=zcTIOoB2kibgOR5GqcS_wWeI=: No soundcard detected (error=BASS_ERROR_ALREADY)
   at #=zan7JYaL0LyALH5nGVL4fAKw=.#=zv$1FSSnJoq_Y(#=zq2UTwgvaolpm #=z2MnslWg=, #=zRI3R4rQXuPdOxopMoblAvA8= #=zeMMZ5U4=, Boolean #=zx5gAxJu5Py_BGuv9Gw==, Boolean #=zHfk_NTfbkWPh, Boolean #=zfb26Yl1sDiZF, Boolean #=z_bzicyELmTzX, Int32 #=z9pgSOCaMraiH)
   at #=zan7JYaL0LyALH5nGVL4fAKw=.#=zXC5hs8MzqcNY(Object #=zPOmjT$M=)

Fazer

I've also had this error quite a few times, often in a short timespan. I thought it was happening when pressing media hotkeys too fast. Maybe it has trouble to keep up because I'm running music from an external drive through usb. I'm not succesfull at reproducing the error.

@HoppingThing: Via Preferences > Layout (1) > Command buttons: Customize Layout  it's possible to add a toolbar button to restart musicbee which is quite handy.

HoppingThing

for me restarting my pc is the only thing that can fix it. nothing else works. not unplugging and replugging the dac, not disabling and enabling it, not restarting musicbee, not changing from asio to something else to back to asio, not muting every other app just in case.

it seems like I have to quickly open musicbee when my pc turns on and play something before any other sound plays or else my dac is just not recognized by musicbee

hiccup

I keep getting this error with "no soundcard detected". I am using ASIO and UA-1G. it worked fine yesterday but today it just does not work at all
So it worked fine before, and suddenly it doesn't?
Then most likely something must have changed in your setup outside the realm of MusicBee or Bass.

HoppingThing

I started using ASIO the day before I encountered this problem. nothing changed in my set-up. the reason why I only encountered this error so recently is that I just started using ASIO. the error happens almost every time I open my pc. it seems like I have to quickly rush to open musicbee before any other program or else the error will completely prevent me from using musicbee. and yeah the only fix I have found so far is restarting my entire computer and quickly opening musicbee.

hiccup

So then just don't use ASIO?
To me it seems the problem is with the ASIO drivers of your device.
I don't think your issue has anything to do with MusicBee.
Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:30:41 PM by hiccup

HoppingThing

the problem also happens with wasapi exclusive. yeah I could just use wasapi shared instead.

nevermind. wasapi exclusive works fine after more testing. at first it looked like it doesn't work.
Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 01:45:40 AM by HoppingThing