Author Topic: Nothing happens when double-clicking individual tracks  (Read 430 times)

Puttness

This issue right here is really starting to annoy me since I don't see any workaround, and I've never ran into it before in all my time using MusicBee until now. Whenever I double click a track from an album's tracklist, nothing happens, nothing even gets added to the queue. BUT, this only happens if I have my "play now action" set to "clear list and play album only". That's how I like to use the program, I choose a track I like as a starting point and leave the album playing. So what is up with this? It works fine when that option is set differently, there's no reason such a seemingly mundane option can render MusicBee nonfunctional. It also doesn't do this with every album, and the ones that don't play I can get to play normally by double clicking their cue file in the folder.

Puttness

If I click on the progress bar I get this error:

MusicBee v3.5.8447.35892D  (Win10.0), 10 Mar 2023 19:20:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zdrH43er2eVQ_Win989Xxc0Q=.#=zUdVgbZ110WKW(IList`1 #=zS7ySRfE=)
   at #=zXgkIGJhsHc2p5n0ascR8KvbQHcJg.#=zSa2whHMFmPGm(MouseEventArgs #=zIPqvHjQ=)
   at #=zqGcKt3ZASYF9$H9su9lVk78=.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs #=zIPqvHjQ=)
   at #=zXgkIGJhsHc2p5n0ascR8KvbQHcJg.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs #=zIPqvHjQ=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zqGcKt3ZASYF9$H9su9lVk78=.WndProc(Message& #=zMqlx0ro=)
   at #=zXgkIGJhsHc2p5n0ascR8KvbQHcJg.WndProc(Message& #=zMqlx0ro=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just reinstalled and no fix. Absolutely no clue what is causing this. The files themselves are fine because I checked the cuesheets and they check out, also MB plays albums just fine if I click on the cue files themselves in the file system.
Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 01:01:52 AM by Puttness

Steven

• Administrator
The error would happen if you start a mouse drag from the player controls panel when no track is active in the player. I will fix that, but i dont think its related to the original issue.
Can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Puttness

The error would happen if you start a mouse drag from the player controls panel when no track is active in the player. I will fix that, but i dont think its related to the original issue.
Can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
I don't think it is related to the original issue either, I cannot get any errors to show up in the log when double-clicking the tracks, MB just does absolutely nothing.
Settings file: https://mega.nz/file/e84WBArS#hNKf3z-GfWuZWcf6N3nlzjFceQLyk2n8bhDzI2_mTYg

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce any issues using your settings. As a long shot you could try disabling the discord plugin

Puttness

Unfortunately no dice when removing the plugin. I have no idea what could be causing this. I installed an older version of MB and it still happened, I don't recall this happening to me before so it's possible the problem exists outside of MB. Not sure where to even begin troubleshooting, what I do know is the music files themselves are fine and not corrupted as well as the cuesheets. I'll try different audio drivers and see what happens. If all else fails I'll just change how I queue my tracks and hope when I install the next update the problem fixes itself.

hiccup

I have no idea what could be causing this
Perhaps some ignorant antivirus software spoiling the fun?

Puttness

Just disabled windows defender after adding MB to exceptions didn't work, still no dice. I'm really stumped on this one, guys. No matter which MB version I install it still happens, and I can't find anything different or wrong with the files that MB refuses to play when set to that setting.

Steven

• Administrator
Does it only happen with certain types of files eg. only files split with a cuesheet?

Puttness

It looks like that's the case. I split one of the albums that wouldn't play, and it played said album just fine afterward. Looks like I'll be splitting my collection, which I sorta planned to do anyway since the music player on my phone doesn't support .cue files and I don't know of many that do. This just gave me a good reason to do it. I'll post again in this thread if after splitting everything I still have this issue, it may be too soon to call it.