Author Topic: (Midi Control) a simple and unique wish  (Read 4790 times)

Michelle911

simple in idea at any rate,  but I'd really love me some midi control :)  no other player does that, or has ever done that (afaik). I've seen this wish come up from time to time over the many years since winamp was still going strong, it would really be something for those of us with midi controllers.  I can't tell you how cool it would be to control Musicbee with my Triggerfinger  ;)

I've sort of hacked it together a couple times using Bome's midi software, but that's hit and miss and crashes (for me) more than it's worth.  

thanks~!
Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:25:35 PM by Michelle911

hiccup

Hi Michelle911, you might want to change the title of your thread having it describe your request briefly.
That would help in giving it the attention it deserves, and would also make it easier to find when you or other members would want to search for it.

Michelle911

nepanitukka

I am longtime user of a MIDI Controller for my Lightroom.
Now, also Voicemeeter is controlled over my MIDI controller.
Next Stop is MusicBee.

One piece of software looks promising as a simple solution.

Midikey2key

Transforms MIDI Signal into Keyboard Commands (MusicBee listens to them)

mrbenn

Have a look at the the Musicbee IPC : (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11492.0)

It provides a python library that can do most things in musicbee from a python script, including stop/start/search/enable DSP etc.

I've used it myself to compare bandcamp pages vs musicbee library while trying to archive a genre, and I am absolutely not a programmer.

There should be some midi python library you can add to this and control it that way. More work up front, but avoids having to go via keystrokes since its a native Musicbee plugin.

Piotr

I will refresh the topic a bit.
I use MusicBee as a DJ and it would be really great if I could control the MB functions directly with MIDI commands  (similar to shortcuts).

Piotr

I have a message for interested people. I just wrote a plugin to work MB with MIDI controllers. It is a simple plugin that allows you to control basic MB functions (play/pause, stop, next track, prev track, loop) using MIDI commands. You can also define MIDI commands that MB should send back in case of notification events in the app. This allows, for example, to turn on and off the LEDs in the controller. I'm using it with Behringer X-Touch mini controller. I can send the dll file if anyone is interested.