Author Topic: How do I get the MusicBee app to re-recognize my phone?  (Read 1680 times)

Madmaxneo

Every so often when I connect my phone directly to my PC MusicBee will not recognize the phone and instead create a new device. I was originally just going through the motions and changing all my settings and allowing it to start the re-download process (it doesn't redownload the songs and playlists on my phone when it finds the files), but it's getting annoying.
It does this every so often even though I am using the same phone. In fact, about two weeks ago, I added some songs to a few playlists and it had no trouble syncing. Last night I connected my phone after creating a new playlist for work and instead of recognizing the phone it created a new device and now I need to go through the whole process again.
So I ask again is there a way to force MusicBee to recognize my phone as the same device that has been connected before so I do not have to go through and change all my preferred settings?
Is there also a way to keep this from happening every few months?

My computer is running Windows 11 pro.
My phone is a Galaxy Note 10+ on Android 12.
I am currently on MusicBee version 3.4.7805. I am about to update to the latest version.

I have a second issue (with the wifi sync) that I will create another topic for.

Madmaxneo

UPDATE: I just now reconnected my phone and it recognized it as it should. So why would it not recognize it before but now it does?