Author Topic: MB v3.3+ Suddenly Stopped Searching For Artwork  (Read 1296 times)

JJF451

Minor hassle, but when I add a new record to the database and hit search internet for the artwork nothing happens anymore.  It used to search iTunes, Gracenote, etc looking for the best artwork and now I just get a triangle with an exclamation point in saying it can't find anything.  I don't recall doing anything special or changing anything that would cause this.  I can still manually search and insert the artwork, but it was rare before.  Now I need to do it on every new entry.  I tried to Google a solution, but there wasn't much there.  My tags are embedded, but it was working so well prior that I don't even want to update the software.  Maybe I fell too far behind or something?  I don't want an update making changes to my presently used skins or layout in any way, but maybe I have to update now.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
Assuming you're not using the Store version, update to the latest 3.5 version from the first forum topic since the 3.3 series is more than three years old.

If it still happens with 3.5 then add a bug report including version number (including the letter after the number, if any) and the exact steps to reproduce the issue.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

JJF451

Música

I regularly don't get and can't find an image through MB, or only get an incorrect image as with a couple of recent case, but it is still rare -surely <5%. I've wondered whether MB can "learn" the correct images after I've added them to my library/collection.

BTW, I've always only gotten a can't find message, as with unsuccessful auto-tag requests, but I've never seen the "triangle with an exclamation point"". (Still running V 3.4.8033 on Win 7 to rip/load and organize.)

And yes, "minor hassles" for me as well.