Author Topic: A couple of things to add to TM, TM embed, and themes  (Read 1072 times)

BrandgrandReal

Able to get color from album cover and set things to that.

Make it where Images (Cover art) can have rounded borders

BrandgrandReal

PS. the images (Except for the one marked "Original") are edited

phred

• Global Moderator
Speaking strictly for myself, I wouldn't use any of the requested features because I want my album artwork to look as close to the original as possible.

Additionally, there are software applications that can probably do what you're looking for. Such as PhotoShop, Corel Paint Shop, paint.net, and XNview. Please don't ask me how as I don't use them for what you're asking.
Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 09:08:51 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

The OP is asking for an optional feature for TM's.
I see no reason to take a negative stand towards that if it would give creators of TM's an extra possibility to add some customised/artistic looks to their TM's.

hiccup

Able to get color from album cover and set things to that.
I am not sure how changing colours would work out and if that would be a good idea, but if the reason for you asking for this is about lowering the brightness of artwork that has a lot of bright white in it:
For skinning there already is the option to lower the brightness of artwork. (ArtworkDimFactor)
Maybe that's also already available for TM's? I don't know.

mrbenn

Additionally, there are software applications that can probably do what you're looking for. Such as PhotoShop, Corel Paint Shop, paint.net, and XNview. Please don't ask me how as I don't use them for what you're asking.

That sounds like editing the original, rather than cropping 4 rounded corners on the fly.

Rounded corners seem to be the vogue in UI design so having the option means it can fit with the OS if desired.

Musicbee can already determine a colour from album art, as it uses this in at least the compact player to fill the panel.

I would argue that whatever happens internally there could point to a font colour in another circumstance.