Author Topic: Locate missing files searching ALL of C/J/E/K drives??  (Read 430 times)

Atezian

Look at this screenshot. It's searching my WHOLE J drive for the missing audio file locations.
https://imgur.com/a/N1hTCzn

I have a question for this forum titled "Questions". Why can't we provide musicbee with a starting root directory from which to scan children folders/files for audio? This would mean I could tell it to search J:\Gets Backup\Projects\ and then it would have found all of the content within 2 minutes. Instead it searches the WHOLE of each drive which could take 20 minutes to a couple of hours since I have about 5tb of content in total across the drives. How is that reasonable?

To top it off, it only found 1/3rd of the content. So I have to manually relocate about 300 songs, even though they are all under a single root parent directory. Incredible! How can it be this bad at searching? It found some of the files under the correct directory. After it did the auto search, I manually matched about 10 that had the EXACT same names, and so do the rest of the missing 2/3rds. So I don't see how it's skipped over them. I've tried redoing the auto search 4 times and it's still not finding them.
Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 04:51:13 AM by Atezian

The Incredible Boom Boom

I'm going to take a stab and guess from your screenshot that the files that have reasonable tags were located, while stuff like "board of keys 02" doesn't have contain distinguishable information and thus would be difficult to match.

If you would like to make a request for your first point, you can do that in the Wishlist board.