Author Topic: Edit tracks in play control  (Read 1214 times)

Fox63

You're arranging songs while listening to a playlist or random songs and realize that what's playing needs a quick tweak. Right click on play control -> edit track.
So you don't have to move from what you're editing or listening to.
Would it be comfortable?

The Incredible Boom Boom

What in particular are you advocating editing? The order of tracks in the playlist?

Fox63

What in particular are you advocating editing? The order of tracks in the playlist?

I hope you understand what I write, I use google translator and not if what I write in Italian is translated correctly.

Let's see if I can explain myself better. I have a play list running and in the meantime I'm updating the tags of other songs. During the playlist, a song starts which I realize needs modifications.
How do I change it if I'm currently working with another song?
The only thing that works, not always and I don't know why, is "locate playing track to source" by pressing the right mouse button on the player control.
However, as mentioned above, this doesn't always work and when it does it takes you to the song being played, by selecting it. From here you can edit but not return to the previous activity.
It would not be convenient to have a command on the right mouse button menu on the player control, such as: "properties of the playing song", so that the dialogue for editing the playing song opens.
It would be more immediate and would allow you to edit the song's tags without having to move from the current activity.

phred

• Global Moderator
Do you have the "playing tracks" panel visible? When a track is playing that needs to be edited, you can simply right-click on the playing track > Edit and you can edit it. Or you can use a hot-key as long as the track is selected.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Fox63

Do you have the "playing tracks" panel visible? When a track is playing that needs to be edited, you can simply right-click on the playing track > Edit and you can edit it. Or you can use a hot-key as long as the track is selected.

I know. And in fact I use it in certain views but in others I don't have the space to put this panel just for editing a song.
I believe that everyone always has the player control visible and therefore adding a track properties command to modify the running track in the menu invoked with the right mouse button would not be bad.

maboz

It would also be extremely useful to have a Modify Playing Track shortcut, even not assigned by default, I'd definitely use it as a global shortcut.

Steven

• Administrator
this is done for v3.6 which might not be available for some time