Author Topic: I have created a crowdfunding campaign to reward a developer to create a plugin  (Read 2417 times)

wombleywoo

Perhaps there's a reason why you keep hearing the term?

I really can't explain it better than "people are willing to pull out at any time and receive a refund". It's pretty hard to be clearer than that, especially with you making false assumptions about what happens with people's money, rather than just simply asking me what my plan is.

hiccup

I really can't explain it better than "people are willing to pull out at any time and receive a refund"
That is not in any of the eight posts you created asking for money.
Nor do you state that clearly on your fundme page.

Please keep to the facts. Maybe that could result in something.
Cursing and challenging people on a personal level will get you nowhere.

phred

• Global Moderator
Cursing and challenging people on a personal level will get you nowhere.
Actually it will. Name calling and abuse will not be tolerated on the MB forum. It typically results in banning the user.

If this continues in a civil manner, all is fine. If not, I will lock the thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

I see the gofundme webpage was closed.
No harm done, since I believe this was an unrealistic pipe dream to begin with.

Because besides me (and other forum members) being critical about the way this was approached and explained on the forum (e.g. using +10 year old dead posts to make a case, and not properly explaining what happens to other forum member's money), what is probably more interesting: I have serious doubts about the technicalities behind what the OP was expecting and asking for.

It looks like it would require the plugin to (amongst many other things) be able to analyse audio files and decide reliably which ones are musically identical.
While that is probably going to be possible in the future (considering the exponential development of AI algorithms), I am not aware of any current software, regardless its price that is able to do that in a completely reliable matter.

Let alone there being a sole developer willing and able to construct something like this specifically for MusicBee for a couple of bucks.

If it happens, it happens. But hopefully in the same spirit as the last 10 (godammit, 14) years of MusicBee.
Everybody here has been contributing without having the thought of money on his/her mind.
It would be nice if it could be kept that way for a little while longer.

hiccup

Yes, you won - congratulations!
And, here's you, making things personal again.
You could have learned something from what has been discussed here.
Or have responded content-related to the factual questions and statements, instead of ignoring them, considering them some personal attack, and ranting, insulting (well, trying to) and putting false and emotion-driven blame on others.

Never mind, not my loss. (nor anyone else's I am sure)
We can't say that you have ever contributed anything to MusicBee or its users at all, can we?
Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 09:40:15 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
I think at this point it's best to just knock the whole thing off; I'll close down the gofundme page later today.
It would be a good idea if you modified all the posts you added the gofundme link indicating that it's been cancelled or withdrawn or however you want to phrase it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here