Author Topic: Is there a way to remember folder browser view (where you left off)  (Read 1310 times)

geodeo5

Hi, v3.5.8442 on Win10

Quick question please... I am a big fan of the "Folder Browser" view and have that set as left main panel and I have the main panel set as "Files". It works well enough until closing MusicBee and reopening it it forgets where you were on "Folder Browser" view and starts up all the way back up at the top. But interestingly enough the main "Files" panel does remember where you were and opens to those files where you left off before closing MB. This creates a mismatch because after restarting MB the left "Folder Browser" view is all the way up top at the beginning of the alphabet while the main Files panel shows music files from somewhere deep in your collection which have nothing to do with the left side "Folder Browser" view anymore. I hope I explained this clearly enough. Is there a setting that I am missing to have MB restart at the proper place where you left off in Folder Browser view? In other words open to the exact place where you left off?

Oh and how come in "Folder Browser" view when you left click on a little arrow next to a folder the arrow disappears and doesn't come back even after clicking on another folder? Am thinking this serves no purpose whatsoever and is just a bug? Only after an MB restart the arrows next to the folder names return. Weird...

Thanks much :-)
Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:05:04 AM by geodeo5

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hi, v3.5.8442 on Win10

Quick question please... I am a big fan of the "Folder Browser" view and have that set as left main panel and I have the main panel set as "Files". It works well enough until closing MusicBee and reopening it it forgets where you were on "Folder Browser" view and starts up all the way back up at the top. But interestingly enough the main "Files" panel does remember where you were and opens to those files where you left off before closing MB. This creates a mismatch because after restarting MB the left "Folder Browser" view is all the way up top at the beginning of the alphabet while the main Files panel shows music files from somewhere deep in your collection which have nothing to do with the left side "Folder Browser" view anymore. I hope I explained this clearly enough. Is there a setting that I am missing to have MB restart at the proper place where you left off in Folder Browser view? In other words open to the exact place where you left off?

I don't use any type of folder view in MusicBee, so it's possible I just haven't explored the full depth of any settings related to it, but I'm not aware of any option to do what you're asking.
I would suggest making your case for such a feature in the Wishlist board.

geodeo5

Hi Sir Steven, I see that you are updating your great MusicBee app again after a long hiatus... can you please fix the bug I wrote about in the original post in this thread? The bug is that MusicBee does not remember where you are (where you left off) in the "Folder View" between closing and reopening the app.  It always starts up all the way at top the top of "Folder View". It does remember where you left off in "Files" though but since it "forgets" where you left off in "Folder View" this creates a mismatch between "Folder View" and "Files".

Version 3.5.8698 P still does not work correctly.... thanks so much :-)

Steven

• Administrator
can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

geodeo5

Hi again, I couldn't find a way to attach it here so I uploaded it to depositfiles... hope that is okay.

http://depositfiles.com/files/h8wb251m5

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for sending the settings file. Unfortunately i still cant reproduce the behavior you describe ie. the last selected folder is remembered. I dont have any suggestions

geodeo5

Sir Steven, I think I can explain it better with pictures. Yes, as you said, the last selected folder is indeed remembered under "Files" but it's not being shown as highlighted under "Folder View"  because after a restart "Folder View is all the way back to the top again.

This is what MusicBee looks like just before exiting :  On the left side "Rick Springfield - Greatest Hits" folder is highlighted under Folder View (left side) and all the songs are there in "Files" (right side)

Now after an exit and restart, it doesn't look like that anymore as you can see. The Folder View is all the way back to top again thus the highlighted Rick Springfield folder cannot be seen on the left side anymore. Yet all those songs are still there on the right side in Files thus a mismatch. MusicBee should be opening up the Folder View column exactly as where I left off, with the highlighted Rick Springfield folder on the left side and the songs to the right so your place (location) in Folder View can be easily seen and recognized. Sorry I am old, I hope I explained this well :-)

geodeo5

Thanks so much :-) Now I can switch from AIMP to MusicBee. Really super, thanks again :-)