Author Topic: All Albums Not In Musicbee  (Read 987 times)

Summer

Hi all-

I have all my music in a folder and the portable app on an external SSD.

I spent a year ripping CDs to Flac and recently finished.

I am now finding that a large number of titles are not populating in Musicbee. For example, I may have 7 Van Morrison albums and only three shows in Musicbee.

I thought it may be isolated, so I dug deeper and am now finding it is a big problem.

Any idea what is causing this issue?

I am nauseous right now.

sveakul

Several potential reasons come to mind that I don't have time to address (are you ripping to the portable SSD or elsewhere, do the drive letters ever change, etc.), but to simply reassure yourself that your flacs are all there, why not just do a simple search in Windows File Explorer for any *.flac file on all the drives, portable, and otherwise, that you use and find out 1)if they exist, and 2)WHERE exactly they are.  Then at least you can proceed sans nausea.

MusicBee never deletes a file unless you tell it to, and then only to the Recycle Bin.

Summer

Thanks.

I did check and all music files are in one folder on the external SSD. There are no music files on the HDD.

I discovered this problem when I attempted to rip a CD on MB. The warning box appeared and advised that the files already existed along with their location.

Any thoughts?

Summer

Solved!

Not sure what caused the problem, but I just started changing sorting options.

At first, the problem got worse (more titles disappeared). I then set the original sort and they are all back.

Whew!

sveakul

I did check and all music files are in one folder on the external SSD. There are no music files on the HDD.
Glad to know you fixed it.  Just a reminder based on what you say above, if the external SSD is removable be sure that Windows is assigning it the same drive letter every time it gets reconnected, or else MusicBee will lose track of your files' location in the Library.