Author Topic: Not detecting over half of monitored folders  (Read 1169 times)

chalkey147

just select all files in the inbox (ctrl+a), right-click on them, send to> library. this won't move any files on the disk, just mb database entries will be changed.
I tried and yes the problem is solved LOL, didn't expect it to be so simple.

the above suggestion result in some more files being moved to Library from Inbox, but there are still thousands of files on the monitored drive that are not being picked up for some bizarre reason. As per my previous post...could re-installing MB resolve this, or is there any other method that anyone could suggest first? Thanks.

The Incredible Boom Boom

the above suggestion result in some more files being moved to Library from Inbox, but there are still thousands of files on the monitored drive that are not being picked up for some bizarre reason. As per my previous post...could re-installing MB resolve this, or is there any other method that anyone could suggest first? Thanks.

If you haven't closed MusicBee already, causing the backup of the library file to be replaced, I would make a copy of that backup file, then close MusicBee and move the MBL file to another location. Rename the .bak file to .mbl and then reopen MusicBee. If that library file is pointing to the old location, you might be able to just relink music file paths.

chalkey147

thanks for the further advice...I managed to resolve the issue by selecting the monitored folders in the left hand side panel, then right clicking, then Send To, and finally selecting File Rescan. This brought all the missing files back. Thanks to all for assisting with this :)