Author Topic: how to manage compilation box set  (Read 622 times)

ToToche

Hi,

I would like to know how to manage compilation's box set...

Each of the cd's - individually - has the option "iTunes compilation" in the settings (because they are compilations of differents artists)
They don't have the same album title because each of them has a different title (eg: cd1-morning, cd2-blue box, cd3-red box, cd4-remix, etc...)

And I would like to know if/how I can still get them to appear together as a "box set" in the album section?
(a kind of second "iTunes compilation" option on top of the first one...)

Thanks for telling me how you manage it
(and/or even if you have some tips...)

boroda

and how do you intend to distinguish several different compilation box sets, if every box set contains different albums?

my suggestion is to copy album names to some tag (e.g. "grouping", etc.) and set "album" tag to the same value for all albums of (every, if there are more than one) box set.

this had been discusses many times, try to search the forum, especially "tips & tricks" board (keywords to search are "subgrouping headers" or something similar).

ToToche

This is exactly the kind of tips I search !
now I know what to search

Thank you  :)

The Incredible Boom Boom

I set the ALBUM tag to the box set title, and use the ORIGALBUM and ORIGYEAR tags to hold the original album's name and year, respectively.
I then add "box set" to the KEYWORDS tag. I have another custom tag ORIGINALDATE, which holds the release date of the original box set, while, finally, YEAR contains the release date of the box set if it has been rereleased or reissued.

lksal

How can I display these tags in the main panel, close to the disc number?

Illustration

The Incredible Boom Boom

How can I display these tags in the main panel, close to the disc number?

Illustration

There are a number of threads about manipulating the "track sub-grouping" element.
Please search the forum.