Author Topic: Onedrive  (Read 1241 times)

garay

There are several topics regarding Musicbee and Onedrive, so I thought I would just create a new post describing my experience. I had 3 PC's and a laptop on a home network all running Musicbee from a NAS. I then decided to use Onedrive and remove the NAS. After a bit of trial and error I got it working perfectly.
The most important thing that made it all come together was having the Musicbee and music library folders all contained in a drive with the same letter on each PC. 

I have over 600GB of data on Onedrive, but the amount of files stored locally as well on my PC's depends on what I'm using that PC for. I've found that with my internet speed being around 40 Mpbs, Onedrive can be a little bit slow accessing files when required. So on my main PC which I use for everything including personal and business, and adding files to Musicbee, I have a 250GB SSD as my C drive, and a 1TB SSD which has all my data stored locally as well as in Onedrive.
On the 3 other PC's I just keep the Musicbee and library folders stored locally on a separate drive to C. This makes Musicbee run without any lag,
and also handy if I take the laptop somewhere and I don't have internet access.

On 2 PC's I installed a second SSD.
On the laptop I installed a SD card.
On my Media Center PC I have quite a few HDD's, so I chose one and gave it the same drive letter as the above drives.

All drives that are connected to Onedrive have the same drive letter and enough capacity to cover Musicbee and music library folders, allowing for adding more MP3 files in the future. So, anything I do in Musicbee on my main PC automatically updates on my 3 other PC's via Onedrive. No more NAS and no more concerns about losing data, and also easy to replace a PC or drive without effecting Musicbee.