Author Topic: Lost library when shared resource is not available  (Read 824 times)

carellot

Good evening everyone,

I have a problem with MusicBee, I have all my music on a shared resource (NAS) which I scan in MusicBee to create my library.
The problem is that when starting MusicBee, if the network resource, for whatever reason is not available, I lose the entire library, even if I close MusicBee and wait for the resource to be available, the library will no longer be loaded forcing me to rescan the entire library again.
Can you help me please?
Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 09:12:47 PM by carellot

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Welcome to the forum, carellot.

Is the NAS assigned a permanent drive letter on your PC?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

carellot

Welcome to the forum, carellot.

Is the NAS assigned a permanent drive letter on your PC?

Good morning,
Sorry!
The truth is that I decided to rebuild the library and forgot about the problem, but it happened again today. The NAS was turned off and when I launched MusicBee, it couldn't find the resource. After turning on the NAS and ensuring the shared resource is still accessible and has the same path, I launched MusicBee again, but now it won't load the library.
Can you please help me out?

Steven

• Administrator
but now it won't load the library.
can you explain some more what exactly you mean by this, maybe with a screenshot

MusicBebe

I don't have a NAS per se, but my library is stored on a Windows desktop, and gets accessed by MB from multiple devices over my Windows LAN. The path is \\COMPUTERNAME\etc\etc\

When the desktop is down for some reason, MB shows red x's next to items it is unable to find. But the MB library is not lost or compromised in any way. When the resource is back online, MB finds it as usual. Probably after shutting down MB and running it again.

You are seeing something different with your NAS?
Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 04:39:06 AM by MusicBebe