Author Topic: how to find what shuffle did yesterday  (Read 491 times)

danlovecraft

Hey y'all. I'm making a playlist for a road trip tomorrow. So I threw a bunch of tunes on my thumb drive and thought I'd let the truck be the dj. Well, I tested out the playlist on shuffle yesterday and started with some Al Greene, right on time. To my surprise the next song was a great fit, and then the next song and the next song, etc. etc. I was shocked, it was amazing. Well now... I don't remember what it was. It's there a way to see what shuffle did yesterday, like some kind of log or something?

I swear it was Al Green, then Prince... Or ELO... Or the Hollies... I dunno man! Gah!

Zak

• Global Moderator
You should be able to just select the History on the left navigation panel:

If you have it disabled, you may need to select Edit > Edit Preferences > Layout (1) > Play History:

If you have it set to auto-hide you may need to move your mouse to the left side of the MusicBee program window to make it appear.
Bee excellent to each other...

danlovecraft

If I changed music around, closed the program, will I still be able to access this information?

danlovecraft

Actually, that helped a lot.  However, this method doesn't display what played on my USB thumb drive, just what played locally on my PC :(

phred

• Global Moderator
However, this method doesn't display what played on my USB thumb drive, just what played locally on my PC :(
Unless the vehicle's player increments play counts, there's no way MB can tell what tracks played from your USB drive.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
The USB has always been plugged into my PC.
Even when you're playing music in your vehicle???

I'm making a playlist for a road trip tomorrow. So I threw a bunch of tunes on my thumb drive and thought I'd let the truck be the dj.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

danlovecraft

I never played music through my vehicle, I played music through the usb on my computer.  I thought I'd let the truck dj.  Sure, I skipped the information that said I used my pc, but I took that liberty because I was writing on the music bee forums, I thought that was implied :)