Author Topic: Mini Player Doesn't Remember Last Position  (Read 1131 times)

Space Guy

Is it possible for the Mini Player to remember its last position on the screen?

For example I rarely use the full screen mode. And I frequently change it to the Mini Player (Wide Layout) cause I like to have my open windows in an order. And I place the Mini Player above the taskbar.
Now every time I open Music Bee I have to drag the Mini Player from the top-left of the screen, to the taskbar and align it so it doesn't protrudes from it. It would be extremely convenient if the Mini Player was 'locked' there every time I switch to it. I'm pretty sure the Narrow Layout works this way
Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:54:09 PM by Space Guy

Space Guy

An update on this one. Contrary to my previous understanding, I've discovered that the Mini Player actually remembers its last position as long as the X button (close button) on the player is positioned above the taskbar line. It's probably by designed to ensure that the Mini Player remains accessible when it is placed in an area where the cursor cannot easily reach it.

In my case, I use "TranslucentTb" to make the taskbar translucent and I position the Mini Player above it. Even though this makes the player unresponsive after a while (I can't click on it or generally interact with it when the Mini Player goes in the background) I can still see the album art, song title, artist, and duration of each song.

Is it possible to have an option that allows the Mini Player to remember its last position, regardless of where it is placed on the screen?