Author Topic: Saving embedded lyrics  (Read 600 times)

phil24

When saving embedded lyrics, it is saved as all CAPS, this prevents a music app used on my android device from displaying the Lyrics. If I create the lyrics on my android app it will be displayed in MusicBee, As MusicBee can read either, but if both saved yours in CAPS and lower case , Only the lyrics created with MusicBee will be displayed.
Is there an option to change this somewhere or Can you change the code to save in all lower case?
Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
Why is this a poll question?
Have you tried a different player on the Android device? There are many, many players. Most are free. There are lots of options.
How are you creating the lyrics on MB?

If you wish to change existing all caps lyrics in MB you can try the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin. It has a "change case" module.

EDIT: Poll in start post removed by moderator
Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 05:28:20 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phil24

When saving embedded lyrics, it is saved as all CAPS, this prevents a music app used on my android device from displaying the Lyrics. If I create the lyrics on my android app it will be displayed in MusicBee, As MusicBee can read either, but if both saved yours in CAPS and lower case , Only the lyrics created with MusicBee will be displayed.
Is there an option to change this somewhere or Can you change the code to save in all lower case?

I had posted this in the incorrect section. so have posted correctly now. I had tried to install the additional Tagging plugin, but nothing happed. Unable to copy files in the install directory. Windows prevents this even if I sing in as administrator?

sveakul

I had tried to install the additional Tagging plugin, but nothing happed. Unable to copy files in the install directory. Windows prevents this even if I sing in as administrator?
This sounds like you have the "Store" version of MusicBee, which has all kinds of issues on its own when installing 3rd-party plugins due to Windows permissions interference.  Drop the MusicBee Help/About menu menu;  what does the version number say, including the letter after the number?

Your "all CAPS" lyric issue is being caused by something in your system other than MusicBee, which always saves embedded lyrics in whatever case they were downloaded in.  If you're not using the LyricsReloaded plugin, how DO you download lyrics before you save them, and what steps do you use to save them?  If you look at the files with Mp3tag or Kid3, how do the lyrics appear?

As a possible quick fix in case the cache is stuffed with trial attempts, delete the lyrics cache.  I don't know what type of MusicBee you have (Store, Installer, Portable) so I can't tell you exactly where that is, but look inside the MB "InternalCache" folder and you should see a subfolder "Lyrics"--delete everything in that folder.  No it does not touch whatever is embedded in your files.  If you are storing lyrics externally as text or lrc files, be sure you haven't been storing them in that folder before you empty it.  If that doesn't help (or you have the Store version) you should consider doing a complete uninstall of MusicBee and install the latest 3.5.x PORTABLE version, to a folder like "C:\MusicBee," where you can easily deal with plugins without Windows permissions interference.

phred

• Global Moderator
I had posted this in the incorrect section. so have posted correctly now.
Please do not double-post.
You posted this in the same section as you post the original on January 30.
I removed the poll that you had on your original post as the poll wasn't related to the question.

I have merged the two threads so that there's only one thread now.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phil24

I have downloaded ver 3.5 and installed plugin Additional tagging, it will allow me to change the case of the lyrics, but not the tag header. In MB its LYRICS and in other players its Lyrics, which is causing issues when saving in MB and it not being displayed in other players.