Author Topic: 3DBee (Cover Flow) Plugin  (Read 25804 times)

cquinn

Oh - great!  I'll keep working on it and eventually I'll get it working.  Everybody else has.  Thanks

cquinn

ok - got it working.  yeah!  had to uncheck View/Skin/skin windows borders and it appears.  now how do I get the album covers to appear?  they show in the album art panel but not 3dbee?  when I change albums the correct artist/album text appears in 3dbee but not the album cover.

kaivsdoom

Hello Cquinn
I also had the problem at the beginning, artist was displayed but no cover, that was with version 1.2. With 1.4, which is current, I also had problems of a different kind. The predecessor 1.3 works for me, even if the RAM consumption is a bit high.
which plugin version are you running?

phred

• Global Moderator
 now how do I get the album covers to appear?
In addition to making sure you're using v1.4 of the plugin, also make sure you've installed it according to the instructions in the first post of the thread. There are four .dll files and they -all- go in the plugins folder. And the 3DBee folder goes in MB's AppData folder. Double-check the first post.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

cquinn

Still trying.  Uninstalled the plugin (it was 1.4).  downloaded a fresh copy of ver 1.4 (couldn't find 1.3 and I looked for 2 days) and reinstalled.  same result.  the carousel appears with the album and artist name at the bottom, it rotates when you change song or artist but no images.  Next is to backup settings etc and uninstall musicbee and reinstall and see if that works.  then if there is still no change I'll try installing a portable version on my music files hard drive.  Thanks to everyone who is trying to help.  it looks like an amazing plugin. 

kaivsdoom

cquinn

Thanks kaivsdoom for the 1.3 download.  much appreciated.  Unfortunately when i reinstalled this morning I used Musicbee version 3.5.8447 and the 1.3 plugin doesn't work on that.   what musicbee version are you using it on that works (and what skin)?  I'll see if I can get that and try again though I'm getting pretty discouraged installing/configuring & uninstalling over and over.  On the plus side I am getting very familiar with all the settings locations I'm using so I'm spending a lot less time Googling my questions as to where everything is.  cheers

kaivsdoom

too bad it didn't help, Quinn.
I used the standard skin to set it up, musicbee version was 3.5.8429 and 3Dbee 1.3.
when it worked the beatbar skin.
I think the problem is somewhere else, unfortunately I have no idea about the matter, so you can only try it, greetings

https://imgur.com/a/CuL8dwh

cquinn

So - after giving it a few days (so as to not get frustrated and just give up) I've got the portable version on my portable music hard drive but am unsure if I  should put the plugin into the same folders as the C:/ installation (now it's on the portable drive D:/).  in addition the art isn't showing in the Artwork panel.  This install took forever (3 hours) vs. the windows install which scanned the entire library (186,000 tracks) in about 10 minutes.  I assume that's due to the reduced thruput of the hard drive/usb connection.  could that be why no artwork?  It's still scanning it?  Or am I missing a setting somewhere?  Do the dll's go on the portable drive's plugin folder or in the C:/ as directed in the installation post?

UPDATE:  ARTWORK  PANEL NOW SHOWING NORMALLY
Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 07:52:06 PM by cquinn

phred

• Global Moderator
The  dll files go in the plugins folder wherever MB is installed.
Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 01:32:34 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

cquinn

Victory!  At last I have it working.  Yeah!  Thanks to everyone for all the help.  Running MusicBee portable ver.3.5.8447 with 3Dbee ver 1.4 installed on a WD Passport 4tb portable drive attached to an HP laptop running Windows 10 (64) and it works perfectly.  I suspect the reason I had problems was some utility program running in the background on my C drive that interfered with the carousel display but it's working great now.  A big thanks to boringname for all the hard work bring this plugin to life and keeping us updated.  Appreciate you.  And to Steven - wow.  Thank you thank you thank you.

aktor

Bug(?): When I click on the cover nothing happens.

phred

• Global Moderator
Bug(?): When I click on the cover nothing happens.
Not a bug. This is the current behavior.
What are you expecting to happen when you click on a cover?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Definitely not implemented. Not sure if it will be. The plugin developer will have to let us know his intentions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki