Author Topic: LikeADJ - A new way to become a DJ  (Read 30504 times)

DJC👽D

Hello ThY,

LikeADJ, each time you enter the settings, fetches all genres of your entire library and creates a combobox with all genres.

Just check the genres you want to mix and LikeADJ will only use the selected genres.

DJC👽D

Busy but always here :). A lot of thanks to Steven and all contributors again for MusicBee :-* .

New version 2.0.24 :

- I don't use anymore 'mbApiInterface.NowPlayingList_PlayLibraryShuffled();'.I now use my own random way.
- The first song now follows your criteria.
- Bug concerning the playlist generation is fixed.
- All dependencies have been updated.

The download link of the newest DLL is on the first post of this thread.

dylan_k

I'm unable to install the plugin because of an error.

Also, since there aren't any install instructions for this, I'm not certain I have all the right files in the right place(s), but I encountered the error when I tried these install steps:
- From MusicBee > Preferences > Plugins select "Add Plugin"
- Select the mb_LikeADJ.dll file.

I'm also not certain I have the latest release, since the GitHub repository lists zero releases.

It's a great idea for features for MusicBee though, so I hope I can get it working. Thanks in advance for any help.

DJC👽D

Hello dylan_k,

I am in the process of fixing this issue.
Next version very soon.

And very happy :) to have added an issue to my GitHub.

Regards.
Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 03:55:42 PM by DJC👽D

DJC👽D

New version 2.0.25 :

- I now use 'mbApiInterface.Setting_GetPersistentStoragePath()'. No need to compute if MusicBee is installed, portable or from the Windows Store.
  WARNING to LikeADJ users before this version : all your presets will be reseted.
- All dependencies have been updated again.
- I bypass 'Love' warning in the 'mb_LikeADJ.log' because this tag is on/off.

Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 05:47:55 PM by DJC👽D

dylan_k

With the new version, I was able to install the plugin and get it working with music tags, as it says in the instructions.

But speaking of the instructions, something is missing. It doesn't say how to begin using the plugin to play/create a DJ mix playlist. It was only by accident that I noticed you could right-click on a track in the library and use the plugin's option to "LikeaDJ - Start". Perhaps the README material could be rewritten to be easier to follow.

Anyway, fantastic idea for a plugin and I look forward to using it.

DJC👽D

Hello dylan_k

YES, I have to improve my README.md on my GitHub and make definitively a RELEASE. It's on the way for the next version.

New version 2.0.26 :

- Minor fixes.

And happy you like my little contribution for MusicBee :)
Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 11:49:23 AM by DJC👽D

DJC👽D

New version 2.1.0 (RELEASE VERSION):

- Minor fixes.
- This plugin is enough stable to make my first release.
- README.md on my GitHub will be updated soon.

The download links of the newest development/release DLLs are on the first post of this thread.
Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 09:45:02 AM by DJC👽D

DJC👽D

New version 2.1.1 (DEVELOPMENT VERSION): Happy New Year 2024 :)

- Added the number of songs remaining to be mixable in the NowPlayingList when the next song is found (in mb_LikeADJ.log).
- First draft (very light for now) of the README.md.

The download links of the newest development/release DLLs are on the first post of this thread.
Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:43:38 AM by DJC👽D

MusicBorg

I noticed your start post mentions 2.1.0, and the download link does indeed retrieve 2.1.0.
But on GitHub I see 2.1.1.
Is that a stable release? If so, the start post should probably be modified?

DJC👽D

DJC👽D

New version 2.1.2 (DEVELOPMENT VERSION)

- For Hue lighting, if no Hue bridge is automaticaly found, you can now enter the IP adress of the Hue bridge. I have a new 5G Box and https://discovery.meethue.com/ return always an empty field.