Author Topic: Android Music Player  (Read 3380 times)

KDLadage

Hi. I have been using MusicBee for some time -- a few years. Granted, this is not a super long time, but it has been long enough for me to know that this is (as the website states) the ultimate music manager and player. My request has nothing to do with adding some feature to MusicBee. MusicBee is, in my mind, about as close to perfection as a music manager and player can get.

What I am looking for is an app for my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G) that will handshake with MusicBee seamlessly. I have tried a few players on my phone, but with each there are some serious compromises. As of late, I have been using Rocket Player. It is a decent app, but there are so many things I can do with MusicBee that do not seem to be handled well by Rocket Player.

So I was wondering if the person (people?) who developed and continue to develop MusicBee would be willing to create an Android app that was designed from the ground up to be as compatible with MusicBee as possible -- the ultimate music manager and player for your phone, if you will. Such an app could handle things such as the semi-colon separation of multiple artists, composers, genres, etc., and handle two-way syncing to keep things like track ratings up-to-date between the desktop and the phone. And so much more.

I just want to have a phone app for my music that is as uncompromising as my desktop app.

Any chance of that happening?

Zak

• Global Moderator
Any chance of that happening?
Nope.

MusicBee on Windows is the work of a single developer.
It has taken over 15 years of development to make it what it is today.
It also relies heavily on Microsoft's .NET libraries.
Starting again on a different OS is just not feasible.

See also:
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ#Will_MusicBee_be_ported_to_Mac/Linux/other_OS?

There have been discussions about the best Android apps and tagging methods to get desktop MusicBee to work with portable devices.
Just search 'Android' on the forum.
Bee excellent to each other...

KDLadage

Thank you. The article was a good read. I will see if any of the other recommended Android players is a better fit for me.