Author Topic: Fiio M11S and syncing playlists  (Read 1952 times)

KenDavies

I've recently purchased a Fiio M11S and - after a bit of research - it looks like MusicBee is the perfect app to manage my library. I've managed to get wired sync working (wifi is a bit slow) but the one oddity is syncing playlists.

I have the original Fiio Music App, PowerAmp and USB Media Player Pro installed but PowerAmp is the only one getting the playlists correct. The Fiio app doesn't show them at all and USB Media Player Pro shows them but they're empty. Everything is synced to the SD Card "playlists\".

Could someone offer a clue as to what I might be doing wrong?

TIA

Ken

phred

• Global Moderator
It's possible that the playlist files aren't in a format that the Filo can use.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

KenDavies

I've been doing a bit of experimenting an I think it might be more something to do with characters in data fields. I tried it from Media Monkey and it worked but MM has a setting to convert characters to UTF-8 and use extended M3U (I'm not at all familiar with this).

Could this be the M3U8 and M3U(#EXT) MusicBee offers?

KenDavies

Changing to UTF8 means that GoneMad Music now recognises it but not the Fiio built in player and not USB Music Player Pro.

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you using PowerAmp or GoneMad? You've now mentioned both.

I use GoneMad and my playlists have no issues using M3U. This is not with a Filo, but a very old smart phone, with no SIM card, that I use as a portable player.

Personally I don't know why you're trying to use Filo's player since PowerAmp and GoneMad will (should) allow reverse wifi syncing with MB. Also, from years ago when I had a couple of Filos, the player was really awful. I have no experience, nor have I ever heard of USB Music Player Pro. But again, why bother with these when PA and GM are so much better? -AND- your playlists are working with them.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

KenDavies

I've been experimenting with a number of different players both for sound output and syncing.

The reason for potentially using the built in app is not because of the interface (it's terrible) but the quality of audio output. The same for USB Media Player Pro, it bypasses all of androids audio processing and allows for the best signal to reach the hardware processors on the Fiiio (or any other dedicated player). GoneMad and PowerAmp are there just to see if playlists are syncing at all and, if they are, then to try to figure out why they're only partially working.

I'm not bothered too much about reverse syncing, more interested to try to get playlists working with the two apps that potentially offer the best audio quality (it's the only reason for having a dedicated DAP).