Author Topic: A check box and a text box walk into a bar  (Read 1035 times)

chova

In the preferences window:

Under Now Playing > Play Now action:

A new indented option on the red like, like blue square Reset future Auto DJ tracks

Why?
In my case, when running Auto DJ sometimes I will play a different track to shift the mood if I see the next several songs don't fit the current mood. Currently I can only get this behavior by also losing the history of played tracks. This option would allow Auto DJ to queue the song next, play that song, and clear/regenerate the upcoming tracks. The user could then still see the (brief) history of played tracks.

Under Tags (1) > lyrics storage:

Local file search syntax - a textbox where the user can change from %filename%.lrc to any other syntax to search for locally stored lyrics, preferably a comma separated list. This could also be expanded upon to allow looking for lyrics in other folders, such as when users have the songs and lyrics in separate folders.
Example:
<filename>.lrc, <artist> - <title>.lrc, <artist>-<title>.lrc, <filename>.txt, <artist> - <title>.txt, <artist>-<title>.txt  
Why?
Because unfortunately lyrics and especially services for synchronized lyrics come and go, and those services will save lyrics in whatever format they allow at the time. This way users can allow MusicBee to easily use an already existing collection of lrc files without altering any files.

Sorry there's no actual joke here - I couldn't really think of one... But if you do, let me know and I'll update the post  ::)

Mr. Trev

+1 for the good topic title. ;D

And I do like the AutoDJ idea too. I always thought it could be interesting if AutoDJ could use the current/playing track as the seed for the next track - keep the playlist evolving instead of every track being seeded off the first track of the playlist. Seems like the OP's suggestion could accomplish this
<just to clarify, this would be when using the last.fm similar artist option>
Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:03:23 PM by Mr. Trev

Zak

• Global Moderator
(You might want to edit your first post to change the name to something more meaningful - otherwise, no one will know what you're talking about without reading the thread.)

A new indented option on the red like, like blue square Reset future Auto DJ tracks
It has no context if you're not using Auto-DJ, so if implemented, this should be somewhere in the Auto DJ settings, not the Now Playing settings.

Vaguely related:
If a user has Auto-DJ hidden in their left sidebar,  they can still select Turn on Auto-DJ from the Controls menu but have no way to configure it.
That could either force it to be shown in the sidebar (and I guess hide it again when it's turned off), or add an option to the shuffle button context menu to display the settings.
Bee excellent to each other...