Author Topic: How to send midi control based on genre in "now playing" track ?  (Read 297 times)

bob60

Hello,
I'm starting to use musicbee and I'm delighted with the theater mode which allows me to display on a large screen the genre of the music being played.

It is very useful for ballroom activities
I would like to increase the effect by remotely controlling the light effects depending on the genre of the music being played.

I would need musicbee to produce midi controls depending on the "now playing" genre, I could automatically change the atmosphere of the room depending on whether a tango or a salsa is being played. I use QLC+ to program spotlights via DMX. QLC+ can receive MIDI control

I don't know how to do. I asked chatGPT who offered me a solution using a MIDI control plugin.

Unfortunately this plugin does not/no longer exists on the getmusicbee site

Do you have a solution that can be used with the latest version of musicbee?

Thanks very much

bob60

Hello,

There is no one who sends commands outside of musicbee depending on the genre of the track that starts to be played?

no script? no plugin?  :'(

Even triggering a powershell script by musicbee with the genre in parameter would work for me.

The existing mb_SongHistory plugin, which logs the history of played tracks could have been suitable, if it logged the genre in its file

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

boroda

i very vaguely understand what do you need (never used any midi equipment), but you could try this plugin.