Author Topic: Unable to reorder items manually in playlist on removable device  (Read 360 times)

andywong

Hi,

I have some songs organized in folders on a USB thumb drive that I use on my car. I wanna make a M3U playlist which is supported by my car.

I tried to make a playlist by selecting some songs and then right click > Add to Playlist > <New Playlist>. MB created a playlist on the USB thumb drive under a playlist folder. Then I chose some other songs and did the step again, I saw my new playlist (MyPlaylist) has been added to the menu so I click on it. But nothing happened. It was not added to the playlist. There was no error message though. However, I could add songs by dragging the songs and drop onto the playlist on the panel on the left. Songs were added to the end of the list.

Also, I tried to rearrange the songs on the playlist by drag and drop but it did not let me to. However, I could choose to shuttle the songs and update the list. I wonder why it could shuffle the songs and save the changes, it didn't let me order the songs manually. I think it is a bug, isn't it? Or there are some other ways to do it? (I have searched through the internet and the closest answer is that MB doesn't wanna change a playlist on a removable drive by design. But then why it could shuffle the songs and save the changes?)

Thanks.

Andy

Steven

• Administrator
the things you are saying dont make sense to me in terms of what MB supports. Unless you are creating your music library directly on the device (which i do not recommend) then the easiest supported way to transfer an adhoc playlist to the device is to create the playlist on your local musicbee library and then drag the playlist to the device in the musicbee left navigator