Author Topic: Highlight playing track in the main panel not working in Music Tab  (Read 341 times)

Pietercape

The settings options for Now Playing includes the option to select "Highlight playing track in the main panel" This does not work in the "Music" view.
 I have a large Classical Music library and I listen to a collection of music (not a playlist) such as all the Piano music in the collection. I select this using the Genre tab.

In the "Music" view I shuffle all the tracks and use Random play. With "Highlight the playing track in the main panel" selected this does not work in the "Music" view ie using the Tab "Music"

I do not like the Now Playing view, it does not work well for classical music.

How can I change this ? I am using using version 3.5.8698 P

Steven

• Administrator
It will locate the playing file in the Music Explorer panel but only when the artist is the active artist in the Music Explorer

tjinc

The settings options for Now Playing includes the option to select "Highlight playing track in the main panel"
This option has two settings which do different things: 'Select Track' and 'Colour Text'. Which are you using? Have you tried them both?

Also, it is difficult to work out how you are using, or how you have MusicBee set up (Music/Music Explorer node, Album Covers/Album and Tracks/Tracks  view etc etc) - if you could post a screenshot of your MB window it might be easier to offer advice.

Pietercape

I enclose a screenshot showing the play view I am using.

The tab is "Music"
Selection from "Genre" is Piano Sonata
View is "Main Player"
Right Sidebar is split to show "Playing Tracks" at the top and "Now Playing"  & "Track Information" in the lower area, selection is "Playing Track" and "Track Information"
The right sidebar is dragged to the left to maximize Album Art.

This results in the playing track being highlighted in color and in Random play (selected from the progress bar at the bottom) the "cursor" follows playback.

I get to this point by choosing a Genre which then shows all the tracks in the main window.I highlight all the tracks and Right click & select "Play now".

I was wondering why "Cursor follows playback" as it works in this view cannot also apply to the track listing in the main panel. If it can be set up that way it will not be necessary to enlarge the Right Sidebar section to this large size to be able to see the track details as now seen above the album art.

That is, the playing track will be reflected in the main panel and will show in color when random play is selected.

I hope this is the info you asked for.

Image Link :   https://gifyu.com/image/SjyNA

Pietercape

Apologies tjinc, I did not answer your question about the primary setup selections.

In Now Playing

Highlight playing track in Playing Tracks - selected and color is selected and chosen.
Highlight track in Main Panel - Selected and color is chosen in selected.

Despite the selection to highlight track in Main Panel it does not actually happen, not in my setup. It also does not work when playing a playlist.

With the same primary selection referred to - Highlight track in Main Panel - when selecting a Playlist from the left sidebar all the tracks are listed in the main panel. Highlight all the tracks in the playlist. Right click the highlighted tracks and select "List" and then "Shuffle List". Select a track to play.

Result - The playing track  shows in the right sidebar (above album art) as in the screenshot and is in color and when the next track comes up it shows  and is highlighted in the Right Sidebar.

None of this happens in the main panel despite the Primary selection in "Now Playing" to "Highlight track in Main Panel"

Can this be fixed or are there other settings which will make this happen ?

tjinc

In Now Playing

Highlight playing track in Playing Tracks - selected and color is selected and chosen.
Highlight track in Main Panel - Selected and color is chosen in selected.
The 'highlight playing track' option is set to either 'select track' or 'colour text'. It cannot be both.
I think you have it set like this:

(If you scroll down in your main panel and find the playing track, I am sure that the text will be coloured.)

Try this option:

This will scroll to and select the playing track in the main panel (but the text will not be green).

Pietercape

Thanks tjinc, it works!

You are right, I had both those settings selected. Your suggested change fixes the problem, in both views ie Main Panel as well as playing a Playlist in the main panel view.

Thank you vry much.