Author Topic: How to always queue a track/album after the current playing track?  (Read 856 times)

electro

If I queue tracks after I move some tracks in the playing queue, the queued tracks are not always added immediately after the current playing track. How to force newly queued tracks to be always after the current playing track?

Acoustics

In Preferences > Now Playing > 'Action when adding tracks using double-click' > Queue Next

But maybe you mean by adding tracks to the queue by drag and drop?

heroclix

I have similar question. What you say @Acoustic is correct but for one situation that annoys me:
How to make queuing work in Now Playing Assistant. If i double-click or press Enter, it interrupts current song and plays that song instead. How to make queuing work in Now Playing Assistant with keyboard, not through right click and "Queue next"?
Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you looked at Preferences > Hotkeys > Playback: Queue Next?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

heroclix

Yes. I did set Enter to queue next, but in NPA (Now Playing Assistant) that still results as interrupting whatever is being played and starting playing that instead.
If i set Enter as global hotkey it works as intended (queue next), but screwy things happen when Enter is used everywhere else for obvious reasons ;)

Same for double-click. I have set in Preferences ->Now Playing -> if playback is stopped, when tracks are playing = Queue Next, and also "Play now" action set to "queue selected tracks next and play now". But still double-click in NPA results in overriding what is currently playing.

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of your settings - i cant reproduce any issues where the setting isnt being respected

heroclix

Settings (let me know if i forgot some relevant setting):
https://imgur.com/aWv0woK
https://imgur.com/a6lYP91
Then in Now Playing Assistant i press "Enter" on highlighted track:
https://imgur.com/oPhywsi
In Now Playing, the song disrupts whatever is playing right now.
https://imgur.com/cChCFYA

After writing it all, i redid it all on another computer, and it gets weirder still...

Computer 2 (where screenshots were taken):
Had to carefully folow what is happening to figure it out.
If i queue a song (or a few songs) in NPA (right click, queue next), it works as expected, it queues them (all but last songs in picture are queued).
https://imgur.com/L2Gpl7T
If i press "Enter" on another song in NPA it gets all screwy. It interrupts current song (that is what i was reporting originally) and starts playing new song, but that new song was second one in queue before i pressed "Enter" (shown in picture below), and on the end of the queue it queues the song i added with "Enter" from NPA
https://imgur.com/bYppskq
It adds that song to queue two times.
If i double-click songs in NPA, songs are queued, and it works like expected (not 100% about this, will be able to confirm this tomorrow).

Computer 1:
The settings in screenshots are the same.
Double-click on a song in NPA replaces current song in "Now Playing"and starts playing the double-clicked song.
"Enter" in NPA replaces current song in "Now Playing"and starts playing the double-clicked song.

I will wipe all settings to defaults and configure everything anew and see how that goes. If you think i shoud wait and give some other info/try something more, do tell.

p.s.: couldnt get [ img ] [ /img] to work, therefore links.

Steven

• Administrator
Firstly try updating to v3.5 which is available from the first forum topic and if it still is happening then can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings).

heroclix

Upgraded to latest 3.5 on one computer. Weird behavior still.

I now removed appdata/local/musicbee, Appdata/roaming/musicbee, so clean start.
Set config up again, similar, but again weird behavior, a bit different than before:
1. queue some tracks in NPA through right click -> Queue next or via double-click (also queues correctly)
2. Press "Enter" (i mapped Enter to "Playback: Queue next" again) in NPA, the song i pressed "Enter" on starts playing - interrupts current playing song, and same song is added to the end of the queue
3. Additionally i just realized that if i queue anything after that (via right click or double-click), it adds the selected song right after the song in point 2. That means the queue list was also deleted when i pressed "Enter" in line 2.

I sent you link to my MusicBee3Settings.ini via PM
Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:45:32 AM by heroclix

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the issue with the Enter key used in the Now Playing Assistant
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

heroclix

Thank you, that works!
To be thorough, a bit unintuitive behavior to report: when pressing "Enter" it queues the song, but at the same time song is moved in Now Playing Assistant to right below currently playing one. And additionally if you have unticked "automatically close this window" it moves position where you are to the queue, or somewhere a bit off. Nothing really too problematic, just not the way one would expect things to work.

But i had double-click problem still on this computer. To make sure it is something with config i just wiped config here as well, and double-click problem is resolved. It worked correctly from the start on the other computer.
When double-clicked a song in Now Playing Assistant, it interrupted current song (it should queue it), but otherwise queue is left intact.

I upgraded this install without wipe of config changes:
original 3.4 -> configured MusicBee -> upgraded with 3.5 from 3.1.2023 upgrade install -> overwritten files from your patch yesterday

I did pull MusicBee3Settings.ini settings before i wiped it. I sent you via PM. As it works now, all is ok, just thought you perhaps wanted to take a look. Should be pretty straightforward config otherwise.

P.S.: Awesome app btw. Donated for a drink just now ;)

Steven

• Administrator
Double clicking behaves differently for the Playing Tracks list whether in the main panel or active in the Now Playing Assistant (which was the case in your settings). Double clicking in the Playing Tracks list only plays that song and ignores the double click settings as Queue Next.
I dont plan to change that

heroclix

But it works as i wish now (tested on the other computer now as well):
With the patch, double-clicking in Now Playing Assistant (Tracks tab): adds song to queue ("Enter" adds to queue as well) - good
Double-clicking in main window -> Now Playing tab, disrupts currently playing and plays ("Enter" adds to queue) - all good
Double-clicking in main window -> Playlists tab, disrupts currently playing and plays ("Enter" adds to queue) - all good

Thanks again!