Author Topic: New router; can't sync  (Read 4806 times)

eyevandy

I recently upgraded my router from a Mikrotik Hex S to a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 4. Wifi sync was working fine before the switch but now the app is giving me the "Server not found" message.

I double checked everything (Windows firewall, etc.) and re-added my device through wired sync, which works fine. All signs point to it being some kind of rule on my new router that blocks the traffic. I'm about a 5/10 on networking knowledge and it's not clear to me what I should be tweaking. I used both routers with basically the default settings.

Any suggestions or thoughts on settings in my new router that might be blocking the connection?

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you performed a wired sync? Typically before a WiFi sync can take place, a wired sync (or preview) is necessary. Do a wired preview. If that's successful, then try a WiFi sync.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

eyevandy

Have you performed a wired sync? Typically before a WiFi sync can take place, a wired sync (or preview) is necessary. Do a wired preview. If that's successful, then try a WiFi sync.
Yes, that works fine.

hiccup

Maybe check if UPnP on the router is activated/allowed and see if that makes a difference?

eyevandy

Maybe check if UPnP on the router is activated/allowed and see if that makes a difference?
UPnP wasn't on ... but it's still not working.

I'm guessing WiFi sync is the only way to reverse sync from PowerAmp, right?

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm guessing WiFi sync is the only way to reverse sync from PowerAmp, right?
PowerAmp and GoneMad are the only two that will reverse sync.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MaraDavenport

Hey there! Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing your router. It sounds like there might be some kind of rule or setting on your new router that's blocking the traffic. Have you tried reaching out to the Admin for 192.168.8.1 for help? They might be able to point you in the right direction or offer some troubleshooting tips. It's also worth double checking all your settings and making sure everything is configured correctly. Good luck, and keep us updated on your issue. Waiting for your reply!
Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 04:24:43 PM by MaraDavenport