Author Topic: Newbie with a simple question. I searched. Honest!!!!!  (Read 389 times)

Yamaki72

First, let me apologize for posting something that has to have been asked before. I am a total newbie to MusicBee and am a bit confused.

I searched for several hours through the forum, the tips & tricks and the FAQ pages to find on how to link MusicBee to my NAS. I've done it with other music player software but I am at my wit's end here.

Here's the setup:

1. Synology D415+ NAS - Stores all music files under a first tier folder aka 01\Music
2. MusicBee software
3. RPI 4B with Ropieee software
4. HifiBerry Digi2 Pro hat on the RPI.
5. Control point - MusicBee on my laptop.

I am trying to direct MusicBee to that 01\Music file. I have been able to drag & drop files into a new playlist but I believe organization of the music files, tagging, and other MusicBee functionality would be nice to have.

So, how do I point MusicBee to that folder so I can customize MusicBee's functions, shuffle through the entire folder on the NAS.

I may have missed the proper thread in the FAQ, Tips & Tricks, etc....so pointing me to the right place via a link will be most appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
Map the music folder to a drive letter and then tell MB to search that drive letter.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Yamaki72

Map the music folder to a drive letter and then tell MB to search that drive letter.

Thanks for the response!

The folder is mapped with a drive letter on the NAS. So where within MB do I enter that info so I can have MB search the drive?

phred

• Global Moderator
File > Scan Folders for New Files > Choose Folders [select the drive letter where the music files are] > and either 'add to library' or 'add to inbox'
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

vincent kars

The folder is mapped with a drive letter on the NAS
Nice but MusicBee runs on Windows....

A very simple one: open Windows Explorer and open your NAS.
Mine is visible as \\NAS\Sound

If you can't reach your music folder on the NAS in this way, make sure it is a share with RW access  on the NAS.
The moment you can view its contents , add it to the monitored folders; Edit > Preferences > Library