Author Topic: Locate playing track at source - edge case when track is not in source anymore ?  (Read 301 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
with the "Locate playing track at source" functionality, was there a change of behaviour a while ago ?
Throughout the last year there were a few instances where I used it, and it did behave somewhat different to what I was used to... and I'm somewhat missing the 'old' behaviour.
let me explain.

Via Hotkey F - Locate playing track at source - used to reliably take me to the playing track, either in the playlist I was in, or, if I was in the music library tab, where the track also existed, it would just focus on it there - which was great for me.
The change then was that this became more 'strict' to the source, and it would always jump to the source (i.e. the playlist the track was actually started from - i.e. even if inside the main Music Library tab the track also existed in).
Now, one oddity that always confused me, which I've managed to replicate now:
- start a track from an auto playlist
- change the tracks' metadata so it doesn't fit the auto playlist anymore, and is removed from the playlist, i.e the source.
- hit F for "Locate playing track at source" - it will then jump to the row of the playlist where the track used to sit, but since it's not there anymore, it's not shown / selected...

If it's easily done and deemed change-worthy - I would love to have a fallback in "Locate playing track at source" funcationality that it would jump to the track in the music lib tab if it's not present in the 'source'  (or, I wouldn't mind the old behaviour (where selected tab had more 'weight' than the actual source playlist - if the track is in both...), or having an additional hotkey functionality for 'Locate playing track in music tab' or some such would work as well - whichever is easiest).

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 07:11:36 PM by alec.tron

Steven

• Administrator

alec.tron

That works. Thanks muchly!

If easily add-able, and deemed useful to/by others, I would love to have an explicit additional "Locate playing track in tab xyz" (whereas xyz bein a user defined tab, i.e. the main library tab) - or does something like that exist already by chance ?
If not, should I add this as a wishlist thread ?

Cheers.
c.

ps. nevermind the above crossed out bit - the music / library in list view tab (now ?) follows the playing track reliably / i.e. focuses on the playing track when switching tab to the music / library in list view tab
Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 09:04:15 AM by alec.tron