Author Topic: Show History as Albums (or make a playlist that can do it?)  (Read 455 times)

Dalinar

Hi, is there a way to view History in terms of Albums,  not songs?

OR

Can I make a separate playlist tab view, whatever you call those tab things, to put next to my History tab that would show me the most recent songs I have played (as Albums) ?

The Incredible Boom Boom

Can you provide screenshots of what you see currently and then a better explanation of what you wish to see?

karbock

@Dalinar:
You can create an auto-playlist, see this screenshot.
Just adjust the limit (25 in my example) to your preference.

Dalinar

@Dalinar:

thanks! I will check it out

Dalinar

@Dalinar:

I have implemented it as per your screenshot. Works great. I'm wondering though why limiting it is necessary? If I uncheck the limit then the results look pretty much random or at least not related to what I'm trying to do. It works even better if I change it from limiting tracks to albums.

I definitely would have been stumped by the Play Count > 0 bit

Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 04:32:47 AM by Dalinar

karbock

I have implemented it as per your screenshot. Works great. I'm wondering though why limiting it is necessary? If I uncheck the limit then the results look pretty much random or at least not related to what I'm trying to do. It works even better if I change it from limiting tracks to albums.

I definitely would have been stumped by the Play Count > 0 bit
Thanks for your feedback. There's more than one way to do it.

As for the limit: it is just there to prevent information overload. But IMO, it is not strictly necessary, and I don't see why unticking the option is sort of leading astray. When testing on with my library, I don't notice anything strange.

As for select by: when choosing by album instead of by track, you include in the selection the non-played tracks of albums where at least one track has been played. The difference is tangible when selecting view Album and Tracks or Tracks, instead of Album Covers.

As for the condition: Play Count > 0 is the most general one.
You could replace it by Last Played - is in the last - # - hours/days/weeks/months, but it is more restrictive intrinsically.
Anyway, Last Played - has a value doesn't work, since tracks with Last Played = Unknown are included in the selection.