Author Topic: MB plays music CD but rip says "No CD is loaded"  (Read 610 times)

sparkles

I have a music CD that MusicBee can see the tracks and artist of, and can play. However, when I try to rip it, the message "No CD is loaded" displays.

This CD is from a friend, who recorded themself playing music and created a small number of CDs.

Any ideas how to get it to rip?

phred

• Global Moderator
a) Using a file-explorer right-click on the CD (or tracks thereof) and click 'play with MusicBee. This assumes you have set MB as the default app in Windows settings.

b) In MB open the computer node from the left sidebar and navigate to the CD drive, then right-click and play.

There was a post recently regarding something similar to your issue, but I can't find it at the moment. Are you using Windows 11?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sparkles

Windows 10.

I can use MusicBee just fine to play the music CD. The problem is, I cannot rip the music from the CD to my computer. When I try to, the Rip CD window says that "No CD is loaded". Those steps do not resolve the issue.

Any other ideas?

Steven

• Administrator
is there anything in the error log around the time you open the rip window (help/ support/ view error log)

sparkles

voodoopunk

sparkles

I just tried again, and this time the rip window recognized the files.

I tried several times yesterday, between trying different things to get the rip function to see the files that MusicBee could see well enough to play, but nothing worked yesterday. Any ideas what's going on so I have a known fix going forward if it happens again?

Thanks for all poster's help!

voodoopunk

Hi Sparkles (something I never thought I would ever type!), the only time I've ever have any issue ripping from CD is when I start Musicbee before inserting a CD into the drive. In that case the rip window opens but no content displays... a restart of Musicbee sorts that.