Author Topic: Adding folders  (Read 387 times)

xescorihuela

Hello,

I'm new to MusicBee and  I have discovered that this is a great program, really fantastic.

I have a question:

I have all my music stored in a folder named Music. It is organized in folders for each artist, recopilation... Sometimes I add new folders, but I am unable to see them (an play) from MusicBee. I can see a lot of them, but not all. In example, I have now added a Folder named Various Artists - Top 100 2022 Shazam that contains 100 tracks, and I am unable to locate it, in spite of I scanned folders for new files (menu above left: MusicBee - File - Scan new folders for files). I look for it in the search tool placed above right on the screen.

What am I doing wrong. Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks a lot.

Xavier

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hello and welcome to the forum, xescorihuela.

I haven't properly digested your post, but I will suggest that you have a look at the MusicBee wiki for "Monitored Folders" : https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Library_Preferences

Simply adding the "Music" parent folder to your list of monitored folders in the Preferences screen should take away the inconvenience of having to manually scan every sub-folder that you add to the "Music" folder.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

xescorihuela

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, it works!

Best regards!

Xavier