Author Topic: Simple Edition  (Read 1015 times)

Moira

For basic Users like Myself
I very much wish for a Robust User Friendly edition without
visualization; tags; skins; movable panels (they only make it harder to give instructions for use); Upmix; gapless playback; multiple devices capacity;  enhanced DSP; ................

Please understand many users just want an easy experience.  
I want Music to make my life better, not worse.  
Forgive me for being blunt.
I wouldn't even be mentioning this if I knew of any viable alternative.  (years each spent on Media Monkey & Itunes - same s.show.)
I'd gladly pay good money for a far less powerful piece of software that has some clear tutorials.
I'm Not inclined to donate so someone can devise more instruments to add to the torture chamber.
BTW Forum is no place for a newbie to be wandering around. Clearly it is only for the adept.  

I've been resisting subscription streaming for a decade, but I am going to give up if I don't find a solution in a year or so.  >:(

Zak

• Global Moderator
This is just rephrasing what you wrote in the other thread you started today, so my answer is the same:

https://alternativeto.net/software/musicbee/?license=free&platform=windows

I'd recommend AIMP myself:

http://www.aimp.ru
Bee excellent to each other...

phred

• Global Moderator
I very much wish for a Robust User Friendly edition without
visualization; tags; skins; movable panels (they only make it harder to give instructions for use); Upmix; gapless playback; multiple devices capacity;  enhanced DSP; ................
A very big -1

As I stated in your other thread from today, and as Zak has stated, there are plenty of alternatives that are simple music players. You should be looking for one of those that does what you want. MB is a music -manager- first and a player secondarily. That's its genesis and that's what it will continue to be. I see no point in Steven (MB's developer) investing any time in making a dumbed-down version, when alternatives exist.

That's understood. And that's why there are alternatives. Again, I suggested Media Player Classic in your other post. But you seem to have rejected it as "too much."

You want less? You want simple? Try VUPlayer http://www.vuplayer.com/vuplayer.php
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

if I knew of any viable alternative.  (years each spent on Media Monkey & Itunes - same s.show.)
So you have spend years using "shitshow" software such as iTunes, MediaMonkey, and now MusicBee, and in all those years you have neither been able to master them, nor have you been able to do a search to find one of the dozens of more basic and simple music players that are easily available?

Wow.

If a 5yr. old wants to draw some horses, you don't hand him a computer with Photoshop on it.
You hand him some crayons.

Perhaps a record player and some records would better fit your capabilities?

Quote from: Moira
BTW Forum is no place for a newbie to be wandering around. Clearly it is only for the adept.
Do not assume you are some spokesperson for 'newbies'.
Each and every member of the forum has been one, or is one.
And the vast majority of new users are welcomed and receive help with what they are trying to achieve very quickly.

But obviously that can depend on attitude, and on if the new user is actually trying to lean something or has mainly registered to the forum to complain about something.

Gendji

Right, so you do not want a particular function changed, which this part of the forum is for, but a complete new version of MusicBee, where practically everything, that makes MusicBee, MusicBee, is removed?.

I am going to have to say -1 to that.

hiccup

Right, so you do not want a particular function changed, which this part of the forum is for, but a complete new version of MusicBee, where practically everything, that makes MusicBee, MusicBee, is removed?.
It would be a valuable addition to a hypothetical FAQ:

Why should I not use MusicBee?

I can think of a couple of answers that would apply to Moira.
But I think she/he has figured out by now that MusicBee is just not for her/him.

(a bit odd that that took her/him some 6+ years though)

Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 03:54:00 PM by hiccup

aktor

This is just rephrasing what you wrote in the other thread you started today, so my answer is the same:

https://alternativeto.net/software/musicbee/?license=free&platform=windows

I'd recommend AIMP myself:

http://www.aimp.ru
I love the skins of AIMP. Would love to have such a variety on MB.

The Incredible Boom Boom

MusicBee is the best software music manager and player EVER.
It took this title from Winamp many, many years ago.
The reason why is because it is so complex and detailed.

I will never understand the audacity of people who come here to tell us we are in the wrong and we should instead be content with simply and solely PLAY REWIND and STOP.

MotleyG

Try Boom Player, from the same dev as Foobar. The lightest and most basic player for PC that I know of.
https://perkele.cc/software/boom

Gendji

It would be a valuable addition to a hypothetical FAQ:

Why should I not use MusicBee?

I can think of a couple of answers that would apply to Moira.
But I think she/he has figured out by now that MusicBee is just not for her/him.

(a bit odd that that took her/him some 6+ years though)
Indeed.

The "good" news is that he/she didn't spam the whishlist forum with all the changes separately.

Btw, a few things i do not understand:

enhanced DSP; ................

I want Music to make my life better, not worse.
Where do i find the "................" functionality and how do you remove that?

Where do i find those many users that want an easy experience? And who appointed you their spokesperson? Are those easy experience seeking persons unable to talk for themselves? Is there a club? Are there meetings?

It is not MusicBee making your life worse, that's all you i'm afraid. I can understand that MusicBee is not for everyone and that's ok, but to blame this beautiful piece of software as something that makes your life worse says a lot about you.

Did you see your Physician?, "Doc something is making my life worse", "Mmm, let me think, are you using MusicBee?"...

It is very simple, just stop using MusicBee and remove it from you PC.

boroda

what i never was able to understand is why many "newbies" took advice (which is sometimes the best advice) to try another player offensive?

ThY

What i don't understand is that MusicBee can easily be used as a simple dumbed-down player.
Just... don't use what you don't need to use.
Leave it by its default settings.

Put music in it and play it.

I really don't get it.

When i read OP's other topic:
I just want to use my old  MusicBee MP3 playlists and keep making new ones.  No need for skins, etc.

My guess would be that OP can't express its real needs.
Saying "No need for skins" is like saying "No need for the History channels" on your TV... just don't watch them.

frankz

My favorite part is that the OP has been struggling with this music player frustration for a decade over multiple programs to the point where music is "making their life worse," sees these programs as a "torture chamber," but is willing to give it another year to somehow work out.   :)

phred

• Global Moderator
I think we're all wasting our pixels and finger muscles here. The OP hasn't logged on since their first post. And my guess is they won't be back.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here