Author Topic: Import skip count and skip date from iTunes to MusicBee  (Read 253 times)

GPS-Harry

Hi,
I like to import the iTune-Library into MusicBee.
I used the import function (.xml). It works good so far, but I'm missing the skip count and the date of the skip count.

I like to know what information / data will be used to import from iTunes into MusicBee? - and which of them aren't?

I use  the plugin "ADDITIONAL TAGGING & REPORTING TOOLS" and it works well for the skip count and skip date.
Is there a way to import this information from iTunes  to MusicBee?

Thanks for helping!

boroda

i don't know anything about importing skip counts from itunes (my assumption is that they must be imported as they standard tags for both itunes and mb), but mb doesn't support lasted skipped date. plugin can handle this tag, but it stores last skipped date in a custom tag. i doubt that there is a way to import last skipped date from itunes.

BoringName

"Skip Count" and "Skip Date" fields are included in the XML file when exporting the library from iTunes. But only for songs that have actually been skipped.

I just did a test run and MusicBee did import Skip Counts. It doesn't import Skip Dates because MusicBee doesn't have a field for that as Boroda pointed out.

You could request that feature to be added.

You can create a smart playlist in iTunes with a last Skipped date > 01/01/1950 or whatever date will capture all your skipped songs. You can then export that playlist to a file and it will give you a text file that contains all the songs with a field for last Skipped. But I don't know how you can get it into MusicBee from there, maybe someone else has an idea on how to get it into a custom field.