Author Topic: Display Filename of file playing  (Read 242 times)

eti_erik

Hi everybody, I use Music Bee because I want to play files by folder. I don't use tags, those are often not filled out properly, I organize my files in albums and put all relevant info the in the filename.

But when a Prince song is playing ,  I have a hard time figuring out which one it is , because the folder contains around 1000 files, and the screen does not jump to the file playing. So I'd have to scroll through the entire list to find the play symbol next to the file that's playing..... or I go to compact view, but that just gives me the title, artist and album tags, and not the filename.

Is there a way to either have Music Bee focus on the file currently playing, or displaying filename instead of title etc. in compact view? Thanks!

hiccup

Hi everybody, I use Music Bee because I want to play files by folder. I don't use tagsā€¦
Welcome to the forum eti_erik.
You may have been misinformed.
If you don't care about tags and just want to play files by folder you should not use a more advanced player/manager such as MusicBee.
Something like this might suit your purpose better: https://perkele.cc/software/boom

boroda

@eti_erik, go to mb menu> edit> prefs> now playing> playback> highlight playing track in the main panel.

but hiccup is right, mb is a bad choice if you don't want to use tags.

I don't use tags, those are often not filled out properly...
you could try command mb menu> tools> tagging tools> auto-tag by track> infer and update tags from filenames to fill tags if your folder/file structure contains all required info.