Author Topic: Bitmap based skins  (Read 117629 times)

joebanana

I am trying to do my touchscreen-friendly player with a Metro touch.

I don't really know XML but I'm playing with it.

What I am unable to do at the moment is placing the TrackText above the progress bar. I want the progress bar to have the same height (see screenshot) but the text is always below the bar, although it is transparent.

Any idea ?

travelsoccerkid1

I was hoping to modify the colors of the skin I use (SkbeeLite), but I'm not sure how to open the .xmlc file.  Looking through the skinning guide and the forum, it appears that xmlc is a bitmap skin?  Is there a program available to easily open these files and make quick color edits?

redwing

I was hoping to modify the colors of the skin I use (SkbeeLite), but I'm not sure how to open the .xmlc file.  Looking through the skinning guide and the forum, it appears that xmlc is a bitmap skin?  Is there a program available to easily open these files and make quick color edits?

You will need the source file from the skinner to edit it. Try posting your wish on the skin thread, which might notify to the skinner.

quisquis

I was hoping to modify the colors of the skin I use (SkbeeLite), but I'm not sure how to open the .xmlc file.  Looking through the skinning guide and the forum, it appears that xmlc is a bitmap skin?  Is there a program available to easily open these files and make quick color edits?

Both the colors (seem to be stored as Blue, Green, Red, Transparency instead of as the TRGB they are defined as in the XML files) and the images (PNG and base64, maybe more?) can be extracted from the XMLC with a little bit of effort. You could also capture the colors by taking a screenshot and then pasting it into some graphics program (ie: Photoshop, Imagemart, etc.) and eyedroppering the color info, then placing that info into a basic Musicbee skin. Considering how basic that SkbeeLite skin looks, it seems like it wouldn't take much to replicate. (The Settings elements can also be inferred from inspecting the contents of an XMLC to some degree of certainty, but I don't think those would matter all too much, especially sicn ethat skin is 2yrs old, maybe.)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Is there a program available to easily open these files and make quick color edits?

No.  Once they are compiled into a .xmlc skin file by the SkinCreator there is no easy way to open the files and make edits, unlike standard .xml skin files.
But, Alexis has made the source files available for SKBee here.

Would mean a few more colour edits than originally planned, I guess  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

travelsoccerkid1

tracker275

Is the Skin Editor still available? None of the links from this thread seem to be working.

redwing

Is the Skin Editor still available? None of the links from this thread seem to be working.

You can get it from any bitmap skin source files. For instance, SKBee skin source files just two posts above yours.

LunarMongoose

Really sorry if I missed something, but I've searched everywhere I can think of - same question as above lol, is a current version of the Skin Creator app available anywhere?

The Alexis/SKBee link that Tracker275 mentioned a couple posts up, is now dead as well.

I DID manage to, eventually, find a working download link in the thread "request for global hotkeys for the skin editor" (Steven's post was dated 20 May 2017), but his zip there is missing the sample "Skin.xml" file he talks about in this sticky's top post, and I'm just starting out here so I'm a little lost. This version of Skin Creator crashes when I try to run it, which I know he said was easy to do, but without the default Skin.xml and/or a current version of the app download, I'm not sure what to do.

LunarMongoose

Umm, thanks! Glad to have a current version! This one has an error on launch about missing "SvgConverter.dll", but seems to then launch successfully anyway, not sure what's going on there. In any case I have that file (as well as "Svg.dll"), from the other download I mentioned from the other thread.

But I'm still missing Skin.xml. :( I guess the next thing will be to try putting in just the 2 tags that are mentioned in the top post ("root sourceSkin" and "bufferingMargin") and hope that's enough. I got the feeling there was more to it than that, but maybe not hehe.

Steven

• Administrator
i have updated the link with the missing files
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9lawezbun0xac76/SkinCreator.zip/file

The included skin.xml is very basic and you would want to to locate one from another skin that provides the source code

LunarMongoose

Woot, thank you! I'm still not sure how to set what image files you want it to use, but I will do my best to take it from here. :) To be honest I'm really just trying to put in a custom main-panel volume slider graphic on my own skin I've made, since I can't set the color directly on that, and it's not at all what I want the way it's currently set automatically heh. That one is apparently a whole can of worms with supporting another skin I read somewhere, no worries. :)

There is no "bufferingMargin" tag in your included Skin and MB3 xml's btw, is that no longer required since the top post I guess? Just curious.

I did look around earlier as best I could for another skin with provided source code, given Redwing's post. Will try again later hehe. Thanks again!

gaiastar

hi
i know it's old
i'm tring to create a skin
but skin creator does always crash
does somebody know if a w10 pro 64bit last update issue ?
in short if it's not compatible with last w10 version ?
thanks
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫