Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917210 times)

daver88

I was also using the native Foobar Properties editor & I can definitely replicate the problem i described. BTW in that case the Album Artist was Various.

I tested another album where Artist was split but Album Artist wasn't
eg
Artist = Ahmad Jamal; Yusef Lateef
Album Artist = Ahmad Jamal/Yusef Lateef

MB Split the Artist correctly but the Artist 'displayed name' was -  Ahmad Jamal / Yusef Lateef. Album Artist was correct (Ahmad Jamal/Yusef Lateef)
--------------------------------------
I also tested an album where both the Artist & Album Artist were split in Foobar
eg:
Artist = Ahmad Jamal; Yusef Lateef
Album Artist = Ahmad Jamal; Yusef Lateef

In MB, Artist was split correctly but Artist 'displayed name' was -  Ahmad Jamal / Yusef Lateef as in previous example.
The Album Artist = Ahmad Jamal; Yusef Lateef; Ahmad Jamal / Yusef Lateef

Something odd going on here!

As before, your help is much appreciated

David

redwing

I tried m4a files before, and their tags were read and split the same as foobar.
This time tried mp3 files and found MB changing ";" into " /". Also MB failed to split artist values as it read it as "/".

Upon searching in the forum, it seems MB imports MediaMonkey multiple artist values the same way, changing "; " into " /" without splitting them. If this matters to you, you could post a wishlist item.

daver88

I'll work on it a bit more before I submit a wish request. In the meantime it seems to work in Foobar & MB if i seperate the artists with a 'comma' & then split them using the MB editor. Foobar then reads the split values correctly.

Rambostyne

I keep getting the following error when I try to use the auto rate function.

MusicBee v2.5.5524.39432 (Win6.2), 18 Feb 2015 1:51:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.AutoRatePlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AutoRatePlugin..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.autoRateEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at #=qOQLu0JmgzQo$2ZdDrQQe12OrwXflzNjHEoSdrrSwLsPsSNmq$_gZyqD7qVQ4rQww.#=qFqKrvY1c320y93RWz_d7Pg==(Object #=qRzfhR_ZoP4ghNlUG9SvRag==, EventArgs #=qPphfixBs9dCqakgxrq5Oeg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Arathon

Hi I have some tracks were in the title it is listed the featured artist and i want to add him to the artist field, my problem is a complete ignorance of the regex syntax and i noticed a can't modify the similar action meant for the displayed artist tag in order to put the input to title. Hope you can help me and thanks for the great plugin.

MJMike

Hi Boroda,

got flwg.error msg. when try 2 create library report of my db...

Got this error msg. when try to create library report:

MusicBee v2.5.5524.39432 (Win6.0), 27 feb 2015 15:34:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.String.SplitInternal(Char[] separator, Int32 count, StringSplitOptions options)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.prepareBackgroundPreview()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.clickOnPreviewButton(DataGridView previewList, PrepareOperation prepareOperation, ThreadStart operation, Button clickedButtonParam, Button closeButtonParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.buttonPreview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

i am using yr latest update fron dec.'14

help?

Mike

redwing

New version released:
  • Added support for wring 'Lyrics' tag (requires latest version of MusicBee 2.5, on 2.4 writing to 'Lyrics' tag will be ignored).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/73cuewyrc1p2xfu/mb_TagTools_2014-11-27.zip

This feature never worked. It copies but can't paste, saying the number of tags are different. Apparently it takes the line of lyrics as the number of tags.

New version released:
  • Added support for wring 'Artwork' tag (only primary artwork is written, requires latest version of MusicBee 2.5, on 2.4 writing to 'Artwork' tag will raise exception).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/em1g6lbh5o6i8x2/mb_TagTools_2014-12-30.zip

This works only when artwork field alone is selected. With any other fields, it doesn't work.

boroda

I keep getting the following error when I try to use the auto rate function.

MusicBee v2.5.5524.39432 (Win6.2), 18 Feb 2015 1:51:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.AutoRatePlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AutoRatePlugin..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.autoRateEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at #=qOQLu0JmgzQo$2ZdDrQQe12OrwXflzNjHEoSdrrSwLsPsSNmq$_gZyqD7qVQ4rQww.#=qFqKrvY1c320y93RWz_d7Pg==(Object #=qRzfhR_ZoP4ghNlUG9SvRag==, EventArgs #=qPphfixBs9dCqakgxrq5Oeg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
it seems that your .net framework is corrupted. try to reinstall .net

boroda

... and i noticed a can't modify the similar action meant for the displayed artist tag in order to put the input to title.
you can copy preset and edit the copy

boroda

Hi Boroda,

got flwg.error msg. when try 2 create library report of my db...

Got this error msg. when try to create library report:

MusicBee v2.5.5524.39432 (Win6.0), 27 feb 2015 15:34:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.String.SplitInternal(Char[] separator, Int32 count, StringSplitOptions options)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.prepareBackgroundPreview()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.clickOnPreviewButton(DataGridView previewList, PrepareOperation prepareOperation, ThreadStart operation, Button clickedButtonParam, Button closeButtonParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.buttonPreview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

i am using yr latest update fron dec.'14

help?

Mike
seems that your library is too large

boroda

New version released:
  • Added support for wring 'Lyrics' tag (requires latest version of MusicBee 2.5, on 2.4 writing to 'Lyrics' tag will be ignored).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/73cuewyrc1p2xfu/mb_TagTools_2014-11-27.zip

This feature never worked. It copies but can't paste, saying the number of tags are different. Apparently it takes the line of lyrics as the number of tags.

New version released:
  • Added support for wring 'Artwork' tag (only primary artwork is written, requires latest version of MusicBee 2.5, on 2.4 writing to 'Artwork' tag will raise exception).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/em1g6lbh5o6i8x2/mb_TagTools_2014-12-30.zip

This works only when artwork field alone is selected. With any other fields, it doesn't work.
thanks redwing for reporting these 2 issues, i'll look at them

redwing

Regarding this:

One of the old bugs came back. With ASR presets auto-applied, a play count update by playing a track updates the file's modification date. It doesn't seem to be confined to any specific presets.

I have identified what preset causes the issue. It's mp3 track gain to soundcheck preset (m4a track gain preset is working fine). With that preset not auto-applied, playing a track doesn't change file modification date. Hope you can fix it again.

MJMike

Hi Boroda!

U r right, it is a large library, but Musicbee program has no problems at all processing it, editing, sorting..it all runs smooth.

So, how can I work with your plugin, to give me an overview of all my albums in the library? not in detail, just album, album artist, genre and grouping...something like that.

Is it possible for u to make your plugin work at large libraries? After all, it is one of THE features of Musicbee?

Tks.

Mike

redwing

@boroda74:

Regarding this request:

Hi I have some tracks were in the title it is listed the featured artist and i want to add him to the artist field, my problem is a complete ignorance of the regex syntax and i noticed a can't modify the similar action meant for the displayed artist tag in order to put the input to title. Hope you can help me and thanks for the great plugin.

it would be useful if there's a preset "Extract featuring artists from title and add to (Guest) Artist tag" just like the existing "Extract remixer..." preset. The usual format would look something like "FourFiveSeconds (feat. Kanye West & Paul McCartney)". For custom text, the user could enter "ft." or "feat." but the preset should treat a comma and "&" as a delimiter between multiple featuring artists.

WimYogya

@boroda74

In the most recent ASR version some bug might have entered. Please check.
In the preset Add up to 2 leading zeros in track numbers I tried to change (example)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
The result shown in the preview is correct (only added an extra zero from 1-9)
But the final result included:
010 011 012 013 014

In earlier versions this was not the case, I used the preset 100's of times.
Please inform when an update is available. Thanks.
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia