Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917184 times)

redwing

This version should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8dtj5fnfhmuzqc3/mb_TagTools.dll

Looks like something went wrong since this version with regard to writing SoundCheck values.
iTunes no longer recognizes MB SoundCheck values for some m4a files, doing its own volume analysis while importing. Though mp3 files look fine so far I'm not 100% sure.
First suspected a possible field format change from iTunes, but after testing with my 6 month-old backup without any problem, it seems it's due to some changes made onto the way this plugin writes the field. Any ideas?

redwing

For now, let's concentrate on <track gain m4a> preset as it's making most of the problem. I just tested with the old version of the preset (<modified>2013-05-04T10:02:09.6700279Z <guid>a6059a62-d1f4-4d6e-a609-c01593709553), overwriting SoundCheck values with it. iTunes does not recognize them either. So it's not just caused by the preset change but by the plugin change and possibly plus the preset change.

redwing

OK, this is really interesting. The version released two month ago had a bug that prevents iTunes from recognizing SoundCheck values for some m4a files. But the latest version seems to work fine, which means the bug was fixed at some point during the last two months. So I'm in the middle of updating SoundCheck values with the latest version, and so far the values are correctly recognized by iTunes without its own volume analysis. I'll report back after a full test.

redwing

I can confirm the latest version of this plugin and SoundCheck presets are working correctly so that iTunes has no problem recognizing MB SoundCheck values (no volume analysis on its own). I don't know what the bug was and when it was fixed, but I'd recommend other users who are using this feature to update your SoundCheck values with the latest plugin and presets. In doing so, you need empty SoundCheck values for all files first, and then apply the presets to update the values properly. Simply re-applying presets without emptying the tag first won't update files if the values are same. This could result in preventing some files' SoundCheck values from being recognized by iTunes.  

redwing

The number of "tags" should be "tracks" as they could be confusing now with multiple tags and tracks.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Just wanted to thank you for this plugin.
All the work you have done has enhanced it to the point I've not used Mp3tag for at least two months now.  :o
Kudos to you, boroda74.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

One of the old bugs came back. With ASR presets auto-applied, a play count update by playing a track updates the file's modification date. It doesn't seem to be confined to any specific presets.

Steven

• Administrator
if its updating just the playcount then i see no reason for the file to be updated, and  nothing has been changed in this regard on the musicbee side.
It sounds to me like other fields are being updated.
@boroda74, if you dont think it is a plugin issue then i would need to know what fields are being updated - is that possible?

boroda

As far as I understand from redwings post any field may be updated.

boroda

New version released:
  • Added support for wring 'Lyrics' tag (requires latest version of MusicBee 2.5, on 2.4 writing to 'Lyrics' tag will be ignored).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/73cuewyrc1p2xfu/mb_TagTools_2014-11-27.zip

boroda

New version released:
  • Added support for wring 'Artwork' tag (only primary artwork is written, requires latest version of MusicBee 2.5, on 2.4 writing to 'Artwork' tag will raise exception).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/em1g6lbh5o6i8x2/mb_TagTools_2014-12-30.zip